The TYSON FURY trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder was called off after the Bronze Bomber’s contractual right expired.
The door is now open for the 32-year-old Gypsy King to take on Anthony Joshua in an all-British heavyweight unification fight.
Fury was scheduled to fight Wilder, 34, in the third and final fight of their trilogy on December 19 in Las Vegas.
But Wilder’s contract right is about to expire, allowing Fury and Joshua, 30, to finally meet – with a Wembley 2021 date on the cards.
In March, AJ promoter Eddie Hearn revealed that his star and Fury agreed to a 50-50 purse split for their mega-money fight – while also engaging in two fights.
And now Wilder is on the sidelines, Joshua just needs to send in mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev on December 12 to start the biggest fight in British boxing history.
Last week, Fury revealed he was tired of waiting for Wilder and his team to accept their third installment.
SunSport understands that the fight is now over for good.
And the Morecambe giant is now set for a comeback fight in the UK in December to shed the rust that has built up since his sensational February victory over the Bronze Bomber.
Frank Warren and BT Sport revealed last week that the tantalizing British heavyweight title fight between undefeated aces Daniel Dubois and Joe Joyce will take place on November 28 – with the fight DO NOT on PPV.
WITHOUT A DOUBT
Ali secretly revealed he was afraid to fight Mike Tyson, claims George Foreman
Give him your hand
VanZant shows amazing strength with the pear tree before the bare bow
TYPE TO DECIDE
Who Fury could fight in December as AJ gets into focus with Wilder trilogy
SAVE THE TOUR
Secret texts ahead of Joshua’s loss to Ruiz reveal American accepted coaching role
Dubois vs Joyce will NOT be PPV because fans deserve to watch it for FREE, says Warren
And this change of schedule allows Fury to return to a British ring for the first time since 2018.
In theory, Joshua could pay Pulev a withdrawal fee to directly enter the Fury clash.
But the 39-year-old veteran and his Top Rank squad – who also guide Fury – are imagining their chances of stunning AJ following his shock loss to Andy Ruiz Jr last year.
In early October, Fury attempted to trick Joshua into settling their differences in a Christmas cookie, but the Watford man ignored his tirade.
The 6-foot-9 icon said, “Tell AJ to develop a pair and fight in December.
“If Wilder doesn’t perform, we’re going to fight AJ in December.
“If Wilder doesn’t perform in December, I’ll step in and crush Anthony Joshua next week.
“Joshua is not man enough for me. Have you ever seen a knife go through butter before?
“I eliminated AJ in three rounds. How would he get out of me? Does he have enough feet to get away from me?
“I would cut it in half, it’s not about tactics, it’s about balls, courage and determination and I have plenty of them.
“Once this fight is done I’m going to show you what to do with a bodybuilder like that, you cut him in half.
“He defeated Ruiz and he will do it again, once you stop you will quit again.” ”
Wembley is now the favorite to host the all-British fight, if the stadium ban is lifted.
If coronavirus conditions allow, the Middle East and China are also being touted as potential hosts for the heavyweight showdown at unification.