The pretty Italian city car – the first BEV designed from scratch on an all-new platform from FCA – will soon enter the European market (UK deliveries will begin in March 2021), although it is not known if we will see it also in North America as a replacement for the Fiat 500e.
The basic version is equipped with a 23,8 kWh battery for up to 180 km (112 miles) of the WLTP range. This version has a 70 kW electric motor, powerful enough to cover 0-100 km / h (62 mph) in 9.5 seconds. It can charge up to 50 kW DC (up to 11 kW AC).
The most capable 42 kWh the battery version has a WLTP range of up to 320 km (199 miles). The 87 kW electric motor can go 0-100 km / h in 9.0 seconds. It can also recharge a bit faster, up to 85 kW (0-80% SOC in 35 minutes).
We’re assuming both cars may have the same drive unit and charging system, but the smaller battery version is just limited in spec.
Prices for the base version will start in Italy from € 25,900 ($ 30,725), or effectively € 19,900 ($ 23,550), including a € 6,000 incentive according to Reuters. To get the version with a higher range, the price will increase by at least around € 3,800 ($ 4,500), to € 29,700 (€ 23,700 including € 6,000 of incentive).
Prices may differ slightly from country to country, here is a full list for the UK market (including trim levels and the £ 3,000 Plug-In car subsidy):
* Action is 23.8 kWh, Passion, Icon and La Prima are 42 kWh.
Along with cars, Fiat will offer access to around 200,000 charging points in Europe, using a single account and a single application.
Version battery 42 kWh:
WLTP: 320 km (199 miles)
Ville WLTP: 460 km (286 miles)
- 42 kWh drums
- 0-50 km / h (31 mph) in 3.1 seconds
- 0-100 km / h (62 mph) en 9.0 seconds
- top speed 150 km / h (93 mph)
- Front-wheel Drive
- peak system power of 87 kW and 220 Nm
- AC load (on-board): up to 11 kW (three-phase)
- DC fast charge: up to 85 kW (0-80% in 35 minutes)
Version battery 23.8 kWh:
WLTP: 180 km (112 miles)
Ville WLTP: 240 km (149 miles)
- 23,8 kWh drums
- 0-100 km / h (62 mph) en 9.5 seconds
- maximum speed of 135 km / h (84 mph)
- Front-wheel Drive
- 70 kW peak system power
- AC load (on-board): up to 11 kW (three phase)
- DC fast charge: up to 50 kW (10 minutes to replenish 50 km / 31 miles of range)