- City of Grande Prairie: 159 cases (49 active, 108 cured, two deaths)
- Grande Prairie County: 68 cases (six active, 62 cured)
- MD from Greenview: 17 cases (one active, 15 cured, one death)
- Birch Hills County: five cases (two active, three cured)
- Spirit River MD: 18 cases (seven active, 11 cured)
- Saddle Hills County: three cases (one active, two cured)
- Smoky River DM: 75 cases (one active, 64 cured, ten deaths)
- Big Lakes County: 52 cases (five active, 42 cured, five deaths)
- Lesser Slave River MD: 18 cases (17 recovered, one death)
- MD of Peace: 28 cases (one active, 27 recovered)
- Fairview MD: 16 cases (all recovered)
- Clear Hills County: 93 cases (three active, 89 cured, one death)
- Northern Sunrise County: nine cases (all recovered)
- Northern Lights County: 58 cases (two active, 56 recovered)
- Mackenzie County: 414 cases (six active, 395 cured, 13 deaths)
Thursday’s new cases come after just over 14,000 tests were processed, creating a test positivity rate of 2.24%. A total of 113,383 people were tested in the North zone, an increase of 584 compared to the previous day.
Alberta Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Deena Hinshaw says her department continues to closely monitor the increase in hospitalizations in the Edmonton and Calgary area due to outbreaks at health facilities. Of the 117 hospitalizations in Alberta, 103 are in Edmonton and Calgary, with 11 people in an intensive care unit.
Outbreaks have been reported at Foothills Hospital in Calgary, Misericordia and University of Alberta Hospitals in Edmonton, and Leduc Community Hospital.
Hospitalizations remain low in the northern zone, with five people currently hospitalized with COVID-19. One person is in intensive care.
There are now 2,836 active cases in Alberta, of which 145 are in northern Alberta, and 18,651 cases are considered cured. No new deaths have been reported from COVID-19 in Alberta, keeping that total at 288.