However, companies wishing to use technical grade ethanol must choose from a list of suppliers authorized by Health Canada.
Those who access the ingredient from unauthorized suppliers do so against federal regulations, which has led to a significant recall nationwide.
Canadians are now advised to stop using disinfectants:
- Latest best hand sanitizer for brewing and distillation
- Nomad Hand Sanitizer (Citronella)
- Prairie Potions Purify Hand Sanitizer & Antibacterial Spray
- Sanix – Alcohol hand gel with emollients, 70% ethyl alcohol in 250 mL format
- Sanix – Alcohol hand gel with emollients, 70% ethyl alcohol in 4 L format
Products can also be returned to a local pharmacy for proper disposal.
Anyone who has used these products and has health concerns should consult a healthcare practitioner and report any adverse events or complaints regarding a health product to Health Canada.
For more information on the lot numbers and the reasons for the recall, click here.
Support local journalism by clicking here to make a one-time contribution or by subscribing for a small monthly fee. We appreciate your consideration and any contribution you can make.