She said deferring some appointments was a “difficult decision” and not one that was taken lightly.
Ms Taylor said they need to make sure they have enough beds and staff to care for those in dire need during the second wave of coronavirus.
In a statement, she said: “We have made the difficult decision to postpone some of our elective surgeries and appointments to November 6 following a dramatic increase in the number of Covid-19 patients at our hospital. .
“In the last few days we have passed 200 patients infected with the virus in hospital, and every day that number is increasing by almost another full service of people.
“Some of these patients, 16 at the time of writing, are unfortunately very ill and receiving treatment by our intensive care staff. Some others have also died from the virus in recent days. ”
Ms Taylor continued, “This surge is now at levels similar to April and is combining with our normal winter emergency pressures.
“Unfortunately, that means we had to make this difficult decision to stop some of the treatments we offer.
“This is not a decision we have taken lightly, but we need to make sure we have the beds and staff available to care for those in urgent need during this Covid-19 outbreak.
“I’m sorry we had to make this decision, but there is a need to make sure that we can continue to keep everyone safe in the hospital while we treat this virus. ”
Ms Taylor said people in need of emergency care should always come to the A&E ward.
Councilor David Mellen, head of Nottingham City Council, confirmed he had received an invitation to meet with a government minister on Thursday afternoon alongside County Council chief Kay Cutts.
The Prime Minister’s official spokesperson said at a briefing in Westminster that talks with the region had been ‘ongoing for some time’ – adding: ‘Talks are underway with West Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire today’ hui. “
The PA news agency understands that talks between the region’s leaders and the government will continue on Friday morning.
The number of Nottingham coronavirus cases has started to decline in recent days – 610.1 cases per 100,000 people were reported in the week to October 18.
This contrasts with 926.7 cases per 100,000 people the previous week.
Despite the decline in the number of cases, Ms Taylor said some elective surgeries should be postponed due to a “dramatic” increase in Covid-19 cases in hospital.
Speaking ahead of Thursday’s talks, Cllr Mellen said: “We can confirm that we have received an invitation to an agenda for an introductory meeting with a government minister later this afternoon with the county leader.
“We will be delighted to discuss and fully understand any impact from Level 3 given the approximate two week lead time before we see any potential impact, especially as we are starting to see the numbers now decrease to the current level of the level. 2.
“As part of what we anticipate, these will be ongoing discussions from today, we will focus on negotiating a financial support program that will help protect the health of local populations, save lives. lives and also the livelihoods of local people and businesses in the city.
The PA understands that ahead of Thursday’s proposed meeting, the county council had held “internal meetings” on possible Level 3 restrictions, but previously had not had meetings with government ministers.