VEGAS (October 12, 2020) – Managing Director of Vegas Golden Knights Kelly McCrimmon announced today, October 12, that the team have signed a defender Alex Pietrangelo to a seven-year contract with an average annual value of $ 8,800,000. The team also secured a third round selection in the 2022 Vancouver Canucks NHL Draft in exchange for a defenseman. Nate Schmidt .
Place of birth: King City, Ontario
Weight: 210 lbs
Draft: Selected by the Saint-Louis Blues in the first round (fourth overall) in the 2008 NHL Draft
– Recorded 52 points (16 G, 36 A) to go with 20 penalty minutes in 70 games for Saint-Louis during the 2019-20 season
– Helped lead Saint-Louis to a Stanley Cup championship in the 2019 playoffs, posting 19 points (3G, 16A) to go with 12 penalty minutes in 26 playoff games
– Accumulated 450 points (109 G, 341 A) to go with 241 penalty minutes in 758 career NHL games
– Won a gold medal with Team Canada at the 2014 Olympic Winter Games
– Played in two NHL All-Star games (2018, 2020)
ABOUT GOLDEN KNIGHTS VEGAS
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were created by founding partners William Foley, his family, and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on visiting the Golden Knights vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.