- the Ostrobothnia region in Finland
- all continental France as good as French Martinique Oversea territory
- les régions Mid-West, South-West, Mid-East, West et Midlands Ireland
- the regions of Campania and Liguria in Italy
- City (town) Zagreb and Međimurska counties in Croatia
- the whole country of Malta
- the whole country of Netherlands
- les régions de Kujawsko-pomorskie, Małopolskie, Podlaski, Pomorskie et Świętokrzyskie en Poland
- the Norte region in Portugal
- the provinces of Jämtland, Örebro, Stockholm and Uppsala en Sweden
- the cantons of Friborg, Jura, Neuchâtel, Nidwalden, Schwyz, Uri, Zurich and Zug in Suisse
- the whole country of Slovakia
- the regions Jugovzhodna Slovenija, Pomurska et Podravska en Slovenia
- the region / county of Veszprém in Hungary
- the East Midlands and West Midlands regions of UK
According to the RKI, the classification as a risk area is based on a joint analysis and decision by the Federal Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Federal Ministry of the Interior, Construction and Home Affairs.
« For persons entering the Federal Republic of Germany who have been in a risk area at any time during the last 14 days prior to entry, there may be an obligation to quarantine them in accordance with the respective quarantine regulations of the Responsible federal states.“, Notes the RKI in a press release.
The agency also points out that the assessment is primarily based on the number of infections and type of outbreak, testing capabilities and tests performed per capita as well as actions taken in states to contain the rate of infection. in each region.