Fernandes was substituted at the break against Spurs with United losing 4-1 and 10 men following a red card for Anthony Martial.
The international break brought several reports that Fernandes was not happy with the move and lashed out at Solskjaer and his tactics.
Speaking after Portugal’s 3-0 win over Sweden on Wednesday, the former Sporting Lisbon midfielder insisted the thing had been disproportionate.
“There has been a lot of speculation about this,” Fernandes told reporters, via A Bola.
“First of all, it was a discussion with teammates, because it didn’t fit, it was a discussion with one teammate. [Victor Lindelof in the Europa League semi-final], as it did not fit now, it is the discussion with Solskjaer.
“I think it’s a way to destabilize the group. What has been said is by no means true.
“I was replaced at half-time, it’s true, by technical option. The coach told me that the game was almost over and that we would have a lot of games ahead of us.
It’s been a hectic season so far – so make sure you don’t miss a thing by signing up for the new Mirror Football newsletter!
All the latest transfer news and big stories will arrive straight to your inbox. You won’t miss a thing.
To subscribe, put your email at the top of this article or follow the instructions at this link.
“I was not satisfied but I did not say anything that could harm the group. ”
Fernandes then went even further and insisted that the club’s players just focus on the rebound in their next game at Newcastle on Saturday night.
“Don’t use my name, my colleagues or the coach to stir up trouble at Manchester United,” he said.
“The atmosphere is good and the team is ready to give an answer in the next game. ”
Where will United end this season? Give your opinion in the comments below
Subscribe to the Mirror Football newsletter here