The kids of St. Catharines can keep splashing this Labor Day weekend.
The city’s splash skates will remain open on statutory holidays on Mondays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and will continue to operate until the end of September, weather permitting.
What is Labor Day open?
- The St. Catharines Kiwanis Aquatic Center will be open from 5:30 am to 9 pm by reservation only. Go to www.stcatharines.ca/pools for more details.
- Sunset Beach, Lakeside Park Beach and Jones Beach will remain open only to residents of Niagara. Identity and bags will be verified and beach capacity is limited. Barbecues, smoking and alcohol are not allowed.
- The St. Catharines Museum and the Welland Canals Center are open and entry is timed. Admission is by donation. Go to www.stcatharinesmuseum.ca for more information.
- The Garden City Golf Course is open all weekend from 7:00 am to dusk for reservations only. Golfers can visit www.stcatharines.ca/golf to reserve a tee time and learn about health and safety measures.
- The Port Weller Community Center is now open seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. with scheduled times for pickleball, open gymnasium, and youth basketball.
- The playgrounds remain open, but the equipment is not disinfected. Visitors are requested to wash their hands before and after playing and to ensure physical distance.
- Transit will operate on a statutory holiday schedule on Monday and return to its regular schedule on Tuesday. Visit yourbus.com.
What is not open on Labor Day?
- Outdoor pools closed for the season on August 30.
- Seymour-Hannah Sports and Entertainment Center
- Victoria Lawn Cemetery Offices
- Morningstar Mill and Decew Falls, Senior Adult Centers, Bill Burgoyne Arena and Garden City Arena Complex remain closed