We didn’t have many surprises in the general classification apart from Thibaut Pinot (Groupama-FDJ) losing more than half an hour after suffering a fall during the first stage.The battle for green is well underway, with the situation currently being a two-horse race between reigning seven-time Green Jersey champion Peter Sagan (Bora-Hansgrohe) and Irish champion Sam Bennett (Deceuninck – Quick-Step) .
There is the potential for others to step into the mix for the green with Wout van Aert (Jumbo-Visma) and Caleb Ewan (Lotto-Soudal) both claiming stage victories in this year’s race. .
Matteo Trentin (CCC team) and Bryan Coquard (B&B Hotels-Vital Concept) both took consistent points in the intermediate sprints as well.
>>> Journal du Tour de France: Sunflowers are dying and wolves are going to kill us all, long live Le Tour!
The polka-dot mountain jersey is not yet really off to a good start but Benoît Cosnefroy (Ag2r La Mondiale) is currently leading in front of his teammate, Nans Peters, winner of the eighth stage, second.
The white jersey appears to be a lot tighter than in recent years, with Egan Bernal (Ineos Grenadiers) and Tadej Pogačar (UAE Team Emirates) having a really good battle for yellow which also means a battle for white.
Tour de France 2020 – General classification
1. Primož Roglič (Slo) Jumbo-Visma, et 22-15-24
2. Egan Bernal (Col) Ineos Grenadiers, at 21s
3. Guillaume Martin (Fra) Cofidis at 28 years old
4. Romain Bardet (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale, at 30s
5. Nairo Quintana (Col) Arkéa-Samsic, at 32s
6. Rigoberto Urán (Col) EF Pro Cycling, at the same time
7. Tadej Pogačar (Slo) UAE Team Emirates, à 44s
8. Adam Yates (GBr) Mitchelton-Scott, 1-02
9. Miguel Ángel López (Col) Astana, p. 1-15
10. Mikel Landa (Esp) Bahrain-McLaren, p. 1-42
Tour de France 2020 – Classification points
1. Sam Bennett (Irl) Deceuninck – Quick-Step, 252 pts
2. Peter Sagan (Svk) Bora-Hansgroha, 186 pts
3. Bryan Coquard (Fra) B&B Hotels-Vital Concept, 162 pts
4. Caleb Ewan (Aus) Lotto-Soudal, 155 pts
5. Matteo Trentin (Ita) Team CCC, 146 pts
Tour de France 2020 – Mountain classification
1. Benoit Cosnefroy (Fra) Ag2r La Mondiale, 36 pts
2. Nans Peters (Fra) Ag2r La Mondiale, 31 pts
3. Marc Hirschi (Sui) Team Sunweb, 31 pts
4. Toms Skujins (Lat) Trek-Segafredo, 24 pts
5. Quentin Pacher (Fra) B&B Hotels-Vital Concept, 21 pts
Tour de France 2020 – Ranking of the best young rider
1. Egan Bernal (Col) Ineos Grenadiers, at 46-15-45
2. Tadej Pogačar (Slo) UAE Team Emirates, à 23s
3. Enric Mas (Esp) Movistar Team, 1-41
4.Sergio Higuita (Col) EF Pro Cycling, at 12-54
5. Daniel Martínez (Col) EF Pro Cycling, on 1-03-20
Tour de France 2020 – Best team classification
1. The Movistar team, in 138-53-04
2. Trek-Seagfredo, 4-18
3. EF Pro Cycling, à 5-37
4. Ag2r La Mondiale, at 13-47
5. Team Jumbo-Visma, 17-32
Tour de France 2020 – Stage 12 results
1. Marc Hirschi (Sui) Team Sunweb, and 5-08-49
2. Pierre Rolland (Fra) B&B Hotels-Vital Concept, at 47s
3. Søren Kragh Andersen (Den) Team Sunweb, at 52s
4. Quentin Pacher (Fra) B&B Hotels-Vital Concept
5. Jesus Herrada (Esp) Cofidis
6. Max Schachmann (Germany) Bora-Hansgrohe
7. Hugo Houle (Can) Astana
8. Sébastien Reichenbach (Groupama-FDJ), all at the same time
9. Kenny Elissonde (Fra) Trek-Segafredo, at 56 years old
10. Nicholas Roche (Irl) Team Sunweb, at the same time.
This page will be updated as the race progresses