There have been 1,713 total cases here since March.
Here are a few more dashboard updates on Tuesday:
- 156 active cases, one is treated in hospital
- 1,437 resolved cases (84%)
- 120 deaths in the region have been linked to the virus. No additional deaths have been reported since August 21
- Over 43,000 additional tests have been added for a total of 131,533
Meanwhile, epidemics have been declared over in Lanark Heights long-term care, the long-term care village of Winston Park and in a collective facility.
Outbreaks remain active at Kitchener-Waterloo Collegiate, a sports and fitness center, a food and beverage workplace, and three daycares (Inspiring Minds Early Learning Center, YWCA KW St. Paul Childcare and FunCare Learning Center).
Below is the provincial breakdown of COVID-19 for Tuesday:
- 51,085 cases in total (554 new)
- 137 patients are treated for the virus in hospital
- 43,450 cases resolved (85.1%)
- 3.88 million tests were performed
- 2,844 deaths (four new)