Roy Jones Jr. on Mike Tyson’s exhibition game: “I made a mistake going in with him”

0
78


Mike Tyson’s return to boxing in November is supposed to be an exhibition match, but opponent Roy Jones Jr. is worried he made a mistake.

CSAC Executive Director Andy Foster first said when the match was announced in July that the fight between the two legendary fighters was not about ” [taking] the other’s head.

MIKE TYSON RETURNS TO BOXING IN SHOW MATCH AGAINST ROY JONES JR.

“They can get in there a bit, but I don’t want people to get hurt. They know the case, ”he said at the time.

But Jones appears to be concerned that Tyson didn’t get the memo, telling Sky Sports over the weekend that he may have made a “mistake.”

“He’s still Mike Tyson, he’s still one of the strongest and most explosive people to ever touch a boxing ring. If anything, I made a mistake entering with it. He’s the taller guy, he’s the explosive guy, ”he says.

MIKE TYSON IN FIGHT WITH ROY JONES JR: “I LOOK FORWARD TO RECAPITING MY GLORY”

“He’s going to have all the fireworks from the first round, not me. I have first-round fireworks, but he’s known for more first-round fireworks than anyone else in boxing except maybe George Foreman.

Jones’ apprehension follows remarks made by Tyson last month in which he called the match a ‘search and destroy’.

“It’s seek and destroy, and I can’t wait to regain my glory,” Tyson told TMZ Sports. “Fighting is what I do and hurting people is what I do.”

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE AT FOXNEWS.COM

The eight-round exhibit was originally scheduled for September 12, but is now scheduled for November 28 at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, Calif.

Daniel Canova of Fox News contributed to this report.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here