Prince Harry News: Biography claims Duke and Meghan Markle were shocked by military title | Royal | News

0
86


The Duchess and Duke of Sussex stepped down from their duties with the Royal Family on March 31 of this year. Since then, a revealing biography, Finding Freedom, has given new insight into Meghan and Harry’s experiences that led to their decision to step away from royal life. According to the book, Harry lost his honorary military titles after the couple withdrew from the family, devastating the Prince and Meghan.

Carolyn Durand and Omid Scobie, co-authors of Finding Freedom, wrote that Harry is no longer allowed to wear his military uniforms or be reforested by his old titles.
They said it was “the most demoralizing aspect” of the withdrawal from the royal family for Harry.

Ms Durand and Mr Scobie added: ‘As a retired serviceman Harry would still be able to wear his medals, but he could no longer wear the uniform as Captain General of the Royal Marines, Honorary Commander of the air force at the base of the Royal Air Force at Honington, and the honorary chief commodore of small ships and diving operations of the royal navy. ”

Harry served in the military for ten years and passed his qualification to train at Sandhurst in 2004.

READ MORE: Meghan Markle outrage: Meghan’s emotional reaction to Prince Harry’s loss of military titles

The last time Harry wore his military uniform was at the Mountbatten Music Festival.

He reportedly said at the event: “I am devastated to have to resign.”

Rachel Bowie, one of the hosts on the Royally Obsessed podcast, claimed Harry appeared to be struggling with the event.

She added: “When they got a standing ovation people thought Harry looked a little tearful. “

Since stepping down from full-time royal duties, Meghan and Harry have bought a new home in Santa Barbara, California.

While living in the United States, the couple announced their intention to start a new charity called Archewell.

Harry has also said he will return to the UK to continue working with the Rugby Football League.

During a video call with members of the league, Harry said: “We have a whole Rugby World Cup next year so I definitely plan to come back.

“I would have already been back without COVID. “

Harry and Meghan also recently signed a multi-million dollar deal with Netflix.

Reed Hastings, co-CEO and founder of Netflix, said in an interview with CNBC that the couple plan to be producers rather than actors.

He added: “This is the key element. They have developed a great sense of history and we will work with them on that basis.

Although the value of the deal has not been announced, experts have said it could be worth a staggering $ 150million (£ 117million).



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here