Meghan Markle news: The Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry are ready for an appearance at TIME100 | Royal | News

0
28


Each year, Time magazine publishes its list of the “100 most influential people”; which usually includes politicians, activists and artists. According to E! News, this year, for the first time, the event will be broadcast live on American television.

Typically, the list’s publication is accompanied by an in-person social event, but that cannot happen this year due to the coronavirus pandemic.Instead, a new TV show, airing on ABC, will announce who will make the list and celebrate their accomplishments.

Speaking to E! News Ian Orefice, President of TIME Studios, said: “In a year where we are unfortunately unable to bring the TIME100 community together in person, we are delighted to celebrate the extraordinary accomplishments of the members of this roster. year with a whole new experience. on ABC which will allow more people than ever to participate. ”

Dan Macsai, the editor of TIME, added that the event “will recognize the extraordinary nature of this year”.

The event takes place on September 22 and will feature performances by musicians Jennifer Hudson, Halsey and The Weeknd.

A number of world-famous names, including the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, will make appearances according to E! News.

Comedian Trevor Noah, singer John Legend and actress Sandra Oh are also expected to appear.

Rob Mills, senior director of studio ABC, said the channel was “delighted” to host the prestigious event.

READ MORE: Meghan and Harry fans say Megxit shows why Barbados is leaving Commonwealth

Meghan and Harry caused a stir around the world in January when they announced their intention to step down as active members of the Royal Family.

Instead, the couple said they would become “financially independent” and split their time between North America and Britain.

The Duke and Duchess attended their last royal engagement, the 2020 Commonwealth Day Service at Westminster Abbey on March 9.

After a brief stint in Canada, Harry and Meghan moved to California shortly before the state entered the coronavirus lockdown.

Recently the couple moved into a new £ 11.2million home north of Los Angeles.

The luxurious property includes a swimming pool, tennis courts and a children’s cottage.

Last week, Netflix announced it had struck a deal with Harry and Meghan to produce documentaries, films and children’s programs for the streaming service.

Shortly after, it was announced that the Duke and Duchess had reimbursed the taxpayer for the money spent to renovate Frogmore Cottage near Windsor.

Formerly, Meghan and Harry’s main home, Frogmore Cottage, will remain the couple’s UK base.

During the COVID-19 lockdown, Harry and Meghan were spotted in Los Angeles delivering supplies to vulnerable residents.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here