According to BBC, the man was enjoying his dinner.
A fly did not let go, buzzing endlessly around the octogenarian.
The man had had enough and picked up his electric fly swatter.
Unbeknownst to her, there was a gas canister leak in her kitchen at the time.
He crashed and the house blew up.
French media, however, reported that the man somehow escaped with a burnt hand.
The kitchen was destroyed and the roof also damaged.
According to French media, the fate of the fly is unknown.
Image de Getty
If you like what you read, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Telegram for the latest updates.