Live updates on coronavirus: as hospitalizations increase, Quebec reports 188 new cases, two more deaths

0
62


Content of the article continued

He said that the minority of Quebeckers who do not follow public health guidelines puts the lives of vulnerable people at risk and threatens the health system.

The measure will apply across Quebec but the police will be particularly active in areas under yellow alert, said Legault.

He said that the situation in Quebec is still under control but that “it is worrying”.

The prime minister said there were no plans to close the bars, but said there would soon be news about the fate of karaoke activities, which have caused at least one epidemic.

Health Minister Christian Dubé said there were long waits at some walk-in testing centers. He urged people to make appointments. (You can find a list of walk-in and by appointment testing clinics here.)

Legault said Education Minister Jean-François Roberge will make an announcement tomorrow on the fate of extracurricular sports activities in schools.

Last month, the province said extracurricular activities could resume as of September 14 (Monday) if the number of COVID-19 cases did not increase significantly.

Horacio Arruda, Quebec’s director of public health, was asked if the province would impose masks in classrooms.

Arruda said Quebec will consider this option and other measures if it begins to see widespread transmission in schools.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here