Kenosha’s accused gunman’s lawyer resigns from defense fund

0
151


A lawyer representing a 17-year-old accused of shooting three people during a demonstration in Kenosha, Wis., Has resigned his post with a defense fund that has raised more than $ 700,000 to defend his client and conservative causes.

Lawyer John Pierce defends Kyle Rittenhouse on charges of intentional homicide for shooting two people and injuring a third during a night of unrest last month following the police shooting of Jacob Blake , a black man who was left paralyzed from waist to toe.

Pierce said he resigned from the .FightBack Foundation fund, which had raised funds to defend Rittenhouse, in order to avoid any “appearance of conflict,” USA Today reported. Pierce and his company, Pierce Bainbridge Beck Price & Hecht, have been charged with defaulting on millions of dollars owed to investors, court documents show.

Pierce admitted in court documents from New York earlier this year that he did not pay Karish Kapital $ 4 million for cash advances he made to Pierce’s company, which also has a payment very significant $ 65 million looming for another investor, the newspaper reported.

Pierce and Lin Wood, another lawyer who has taken on high-profile Tory-sponsored cases, launched the fund in early August. The fund is described as a way “to sue to verify the lies of the left”.

Pierce argued that Rittenhouse acted in self-defense when he shot the three people on August 25 during a third night of protests against Blake’s murder two days earlier, which had been captured on video on mobile phone and put online.

The Rittenhouse affair has become a political flashpoint. During his Tuesday visit to Kenosha, President Donald Trump gave an account at odds with prosecutors’ account, mistakenly implying that the teenager only shot the men after tripping and they ‘assaulted.

Wood, who now controls the foundation, said Pierce would be reimbursed for his work defending Rittenhouse.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here