“It was by no means political”: Dennis Quaid defends role in White House coronavirus advertisement

0
33


Dennis Quaid defended his appearance in Donald Trump’s new $ 300 million coronavirus awareness campaign ahead of the presidential election by saying, “It was by no means political” – after being criticized by fans.

News of the announcement, led by the Department of Health and Human Services, was first reported by Politico and the project has been described as being funded by money donated to the CDC.

The ad is expected to be launched before election day on November 3.

On Saturday evening, Quaid, who had previously expressed support for the president, shared a video on Instagram clarifying that he was not being paid for his participation in the campaign.

“I have to say that at the moment I am feeling some outrage and a lot of disappointment about a PSA, an interview I did with Dr Anthony Fauci a few weeks ago,” said he declared.

Dennis Quaid defends himself after facing backlash for joining Trump’s new $ 300 million coronavirus awareness campaign ahead of the presidential election by saying: ‘It was by no means political’

He shared a video on Instagram on Saturday, clarifying that he was not being paid for the campaign, adding the caption: 'No good deed remains impoliticized'

He shared a video on Instagram on Saturday, clarifying that he was not being paid for the campaign, adding the caption: “No good deed remains impoliticized”

Dennis Quaid set to appear in President Trump's new $ 300 million coronavirus awareness campaign

In April, Quaid said of Trump: “I think Trump, no matter what you think of him, is doing a good job of trying to get these states – and all the American people – what they got. need. »Photographed in December 2019

“This is used by cultural media for cancellation, that I was doing a campaign ad, endorsement, of Donald Trump, and was paid generously for it by funds embezzled from the CDC. Nothing could be further from the truth, ”he added.

He said the purpose of the campaign was to “raise awareness about COVID-19 and what we can still do to prevent lives being lost by this terrible and terrible virus.”

“In fact, Dr Anthony Fauci and I have talked about this before that it’s not political, because the virus is not political. I didn’t get paid a dime for doing this interview and neither did Dr Anthony Fauci, ”said the 66-year-old actor.

He captioned his message “NO GOOD ACTION WILL BE UNPOLITICAL.”

Quaid has previously praised Trump for his work in the office amid the pandemic.

“I think Trump, no matter what anyone thinks of him, is doing a good job of trying to get these states – and all the American people – what they need and also trying to keep our economy together and be ready for when it does. everywhere, ”he told The Daily Beast in April 2020.

Winans also took to social media to clarify that her involvement in the campaign was 'not at all political'.

Her video was shared on Saturday, clarifying that the announcement was not political for her in the photo above

Gospel singer CeCe Winans also took to social media to clarify that her involvement in the campaign was “not at all political”. Her video was shared on Saturday, clarifying that the announcement was not political to her

Quaid faced backlash in his post from outraged fans.

One fan commented on his video: “Explain your April remarks. Don’t spin it now. Trump used you.

“You know full well that you appreciated your approval from a dictator before Covid. Start there. As long as your actions are good, start blaming someone. Asset. Start the blame there. No cancellation culture media when the CDC backs off all the time. Dennis, wear a mask and next time? Never underestimate the hypocrisy of the CDC. Shame on you, ”added another.

“Dennis Quaid is seriously like the embodiment of a Trump supporter,” one Instagram user said.

The campaign sparked controversy for showcasing pro-Trump celebrities including Quaid and gospel singer CeCe Winans. The HHSD has also approached Dr Mehmet Oz and country singer Garth Brooks for roles, but their involvement is not known.

The campaign would take a positive look at the Trump administration’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Dr Oz

Garth Brooks

The HHSD also approached Dr Mehmet Oz and country singer Garth Brooks for campaign roles.

Winans also took to social media to clarify that her involvement in the campaign was “not at all political”.

“I was asked a few weeks ago to do an interview with Surgeon General Jerome Adams about the coronavirus. And this interview highlights how important it is for everyone to wear a mask, and it also gives us other instructions on how to get to the other side of this pandemic, ”she said in a video posted on Saturday.

“It wasn’t political at all. We have lost so many lives due to COVID-19. Let’s all do all we can to stop losing. God bless you, ”she added.

The announcement will consist of video interviews between the stars and the Trump administration as they discuss the government’s response to the pandemic.

The campaign aims to “restore hope” and tackle the sadness and gloom portrayed in the media, sources told the outlet.

HS spokesperson Michael Caputo, who announced this week that he had been diagnosed with cancer, led the project at Trump's request, he said.

HS spokesperson Michael Caputo, who announced this week that he had been diagnosed with cancer, led the project at Trump’s request, he said.

The campaign would take a positive look at the Trump administration's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. Trump pictured on May 13

The campaign would take a positive look at the Trump administration’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. Trump pictured on May 13

The taxpayer-funded effort was led by HHS spokesman Michael Caputo, who this week announced he had been diagnosed with cancer.

In a video shared on Facebook last week, Caputo said the ad campaign was “demanded of me by the President of the United States.” Personally.’

Caputo said Democrats and “left-wing scientists” are against this effort because “they can’t afford good news until November because they are already losing.”

“They’re going to sue me because I’m going to put $ 250 million worth of ads on the air,” he said.

The country’s health governing body, the CDC, is not involved in the public health campaign, according to Politico.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here