London• I read the report on menopause (September 22) with a little astonishment. All these points were raised by Germaine Greer 30 or 40 years ago. No one else was listening? And how sad that so many women feel compelled to cover their beautiful gray hair and empower it.
Dr Brigid Purcell
• When Nicola Sturgeon gives a televised press conference, she is accompanied by a sign language interpreter. This is not the case for any English minister. Is it (a) a contempt for the hearing impaired; (b) a kind measure to spare them nonsense; or (c) the inability of the signatories to transmit gibberish?
• I was intrigued to see an advertisement in the newspaper (September 19) for apartments in the former BBC TV center for sale between £ 2.5 million and £ 6million. It seems this real estate developer sees Guardian readers like me as richer than I imagined.
Rév Robin Brooks
• I have seen a few £ 2 coins this year (Royal Mint will stop production of £ 2 and 2 pence coins due to excess stock, September 18th). Are most of them stored in 35mm film cartridges?
• Join the conversation – email [email protected]
• Learn more Letters from the Guardian – click here to visit theguardian.com/letters