This means that there have been 1,453 cases in total since March.
Here are a few more region dashboard updates on Monday:
- 41 cases are active, three of which are currently being treated in hospital
- 1,292 resolved cases (89%)
- 120 deaths in the region have been linked to the virus, 96 have been linked to an outbreak in a retirement or long-term care home
An outbreak remains active in an unnamed summer camp, where a child tested positive, as well as in Golden Years long-term care, where a resident died several weeks ago.
The provincial breakdown of COVID-19 for Monday is as follows:
- 42,309 cases in total (114 new)
- 49 people are treated in hospital (Provincial Dashboard Note: As we often see on weekends, a number of hospitals (around 35) did not submit data to the August 29 Daily Bed Census. We predict that the number of inpatients may increase as adherence increases.)
- 38,277 resolved cases (90.5%)
- 2811 deaths (one new)