Army vet severely burned by IED in Iraq slams criticism of Donald Trump for using his image

0
304


|

A US military veteran blown up on his fourth tour of Iraq has called on critics of Donald Trump to stop using his likeness to illustrate the president’s comments about “losers” and “suckers.”

Bobby Henline, who spent 13 years in the military, was the lone survivor of five soldiers whose vehicle flew over an IED in April 2007.

Henline, 49, suffered burns to 40% of his body and his head was burnt to the scalp. He now works as a comedian and motivational speaker.

Bobby Henline, 49, objected to Trump critics using his image to discuss ‘sucker’ history

Facebook group, Military Veterans Against Fascism, is among those using his photograph

Facebook group, Military Veterans Against Fascism, is among those using his photograph

Henline TikTok Exposing 'Propaganda', Saying 'Stop Using My Image'

Henline did a TikTok to denounce the “propaganda”, saying “Stop using my image”

But following the controversy over the September 3 Atlantic article, in which Trump was accused of mocking veterans, Henline discovered that his image was being used to illustrate articles about the reported comments.

“I’m so irritated that they put my picture up there because now it looks like the president called me a loser,” he told Fox News.

And they use it to sell something they believe in for their program.

‘It’s not fair to put us [veterans] as props in the middle of it all.

He said the use of his image was “ridiculous” and said he was convinced Trump had not made the remarks attributed to him.

Trump has denied ever making the remarks.

Henline spoke to Fox, saying he didn't believe the president said the remarks attributed to him

Henline spoke to Fox, saying he didn’t believe the president said the remarks attributed to him

Henline said, “This is my image.  And it shouldn't be up there speaking to me '

Henline said, “This is my image. And it shouldn’t be up there speaking to me ‘

“I really believe the president didn’t say that,” Henline said.

“They take this well-known photo and use it for their program and change the minds of veterans, thinking the president is talking to them like that is ridiculous.

“And I think it worked. And that’s why I want to have it taken apart because it shouldn’t work.

“People need to hear the truth. It is my image. And it shouldn’t be up there speaking to me, ‘

Henline said he was irritated that he had been drawn into the political storm.

“Keep up with what you have with the facts,” says Henline.

“If you don’t have the power to win on your own merits, that you have to demolish your opponent, there is a problem.

Henline enlisted in the United States Army in 1989 at the age of 17

Henline enlisted in the United States Army in 1989 at the age of 17

Henline retired, but re-enlisted following the 9/11 attacks

Henline retired, but re-enlisted following the 9/11 attacks

Following his accident in April 2007, Henline spent two weeks in a medical coma

Following his April 2007 accident, Henline spent two weeks in a medical coma

The report, released Thursday by Atlantic, credits four separate military sources and claims Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in November 2018 because he feared his hair might be disheveled by the rain.

In a conversation with senior officials ahead of the planned visit, Trump reportedly asked his aides, “Why should I go to this cemetery?” It is filled with losers.

During the same trip, the president later allegedly called the more than 1,800 Marines who lost their lives in the Battle of Belleau Wood in France as “suckers” for having been killed.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here