American suspected responsible for COVID-19 outbreak in Germany identified

0
55


A US citizen who allegedly refused to quarantine and instead took a pub crawl in a Bavarian town – causing an outbreak of COVID-19 – has been named as a 26-year-old woman from Florida who thanked her colleagues for being gone “rona party,” according to a report.Yasmin Adli, who works at a hotel for US forces stationed in Germany, was awaiting test results after a trip to Greece when she partied in Garmisch-Partenkirchen – although she already had a sore throat, said reported the Daily Mail.

She allegedly texted several of her coworkers who had partied with her for several nights before receiving her positive result, according to the outlet, which posted a screenshot of a message in which she thanked them for each other. present at his “rona party”. ”

“I had no idea I had the rona when we went out,” the alleged super-spreader wrote, according to the report.

A sign marks the Edelweiss pavilion managed by the US military
A sign points to the Edelweiss Lodge, operated by the US military.EPA

After being tested on September 8, she was placed in quarantine until results were available – but allegedly flouted those instructions and was released that evening, according to the report.

Two dozen people at his workplace – the Edelweiss Lodge recreation center for the US military – have tested positive, Garmisch-Partenkirchen district administrator’s office press secretary Stephan told CNN. Scharf. The city itself has seen a spike in cases, he said.

More than 700 people have also been exposed to the virus because of his party, the Daily Mail reported. The resort has since been closed for two weeks.

A former lodge employee claimed Adli worked there before she tested positive – and even hosted a conference for senior U.S. military officials on preventing the spread of the deadly virus, the outlet reported.

But the former staff member also blamed the station, which allegedly encouraged a “culture of cover-up” that ignored non-compliance with quarantine protocols, the outlet said.

A source told the Daily Mail that even after the station posted a statement on Facebook about the staff infections, customers were still allowed to register and were not told about the outbreak. The source claimed that the guests had just been informed that they would have to leave a few days later.

“I self-evacuated earlier this year when the COVID crisis inside the hotel became untenable because there is no strategy in place to protect employees, but rather gives the impression that everything is fine and the hotel is operating normally, ”the source said. the daily mail.

“This culture of cover-up is how this super-spreader event could have happened, and why so many employees who live and work inside the hotel are now COVID-positive.”

The former employee accused management of showing “criminal negligence throughout the pandemic” and of “encouraging the dangerous culture that allows their employees to remain indifferent to the ramifications of this virus”.

“When the current situation arose, ELR management quickly moved to start covering themselves and protecting the hotel’s image,” said the former member of staff at the point of sale.

“They quickly removed around 80% of the staff from workstations – where many were actively serving employees – and forced them back to their rooms while local testing officials were brought to the base to begin a sweep of the people put. in quarantine.

The Daily Mail said her attempts to contact Adli for comment failed and she deleted her social media profiles.

As of Tuesday, the total number of infections in the city stood at 59, including 25 staff at the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort, the Daily Mail reported.

District office spokesman Wolfgang Rotzsche said that “if the woman has consciously accepted this risk, she should also be prosecuted legally,” according to the outlet.

A spokesperson for the US military told the Post that “there have been no formal complaints against or against the management of Edelweiss Lodge and Resort.”

Lt. Col. Michael Weisman, director of public affairs for 7th Army Training Command, said in an email that “management is confident that they have taken the necessary precautions to protect both personnel and the guests”.

He said management held regular meetings with workers to discuss mitigation efforts, including hotel rules and policies.

“We would say that we, the US military in Bavaria, have been extremely transparent to both our community and our German partners,” Weisman wrote, adding that the Bavarian officials who inspected
the lodge said it deemed it “compliant with COVID mitigation measures.”

He said out of 1,000 tests carried out over the weekend, only three more infections were reported.

Brig. General Christopher Norrie, commander of the training command, said in a statement: “While there is still a lot of work to be done, we are encouraged by the test results from yesterday and today. I have had some very productive meetings with community leaders today, and we look forward to continuing our work together to fight this virus.

He said the military had deployed four helicopters carrying medical personnel with test kits that “within 24 hours had found, isolated, tested and returned the results together with Bavarian medical authorities. ”

Norris added, “We have placed our employees who had close contact with positive staff members in quarantine. We ordered our hotel closed for two weeks to make sure we were done screening and testing. ”

Andrea Mayer, spokesman for Munich prosecutors, confirmed that his office has opened a preliminary investigation into the woman suspected of causing bodily harm.

“The investigation is ongoing,” she said.

Adli did not immediately respond to messages from The Post.

With pole wires

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here