Why the Queen won’t wear a face mask during summer vacation at Balmoral

0
80


The Queen will not be required to wear a face mask at Balmoral despite concerns over the coronavirus pandemic.The monarch, 94, traveled to Scotland with the Duke of Edinburgh on Tuesday for his traditional summer break.

Prior to their arrival, the courtiers spent weeks planning how the “new normal” would work at the castle.

Due to the limited number of employees – nicknamed HMS Bubble – who are in close contact with her and Philip, 99, no one is required to wear a face mask.

Their so-called social bubble includes the master of the house, Vice-Admiral Tony Johnstone-Burt, the Queen’s private secretary, Sir Edward Young and Paul Whybrew and William Henderson, her pages.



The Queen and Prince Philip visited Scotland on Tuesday

A spokesperson for Buckingham Palace has previously said arrangements for the Queen’s stay in Scotland “will be in accordance with relevant guidelines and advice”.

The queen, 94, will not attend church, in an attempt to stop rallies of supporters.

Her family members will not be allowed to stay in the main house, and local staff had to self-isolate for two weeks prior to her visit to ensure they are virus-free.

A forensic cleaning operation is observed at all times, including the Queen’s Status Red Boxes.

In order to allow His Majesty to ride his beloved darlings, only one groom is allowed to access his couriers.

The Prime Minister’s traditional visit was also canceled – reportedly for the first time in his reign.



The Queen visits Balmoral every summer

A royal aide said: ‘Obviously Her Majesty wanted to go to Balmoral as usual for August and September but these are the practicalities and advice from the government, England and Scotland. , which had to be taken into consideration.

“A small number of staff traveled from Windsor to Balmoral, where a new bubble has indeed been created. Procedures are in place to mitigate any type of risk. No one should wear a mask in the bubble, as they are considered safe as such. Housework.

“It’s not the normal Balmoral but they will try to make it as normal and enjoyable as possible. ”

The Queen and Prince Philip traveled to Balmoral in Aberdeenshire on August 4 and were pictured arriving by car at RAF Northolt in west London ahead of their flight.

Hours after arriving in Scotland, Aberdeen was placed on local lockdown as pubs and restaurants were forced to close.

An eight-kilometer travel rule has been put in place and residents are told not to enter each other’s homes and indoor and outdoor reception areas are to close.

Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla of Cornwall are believed to be likely the first visitors to Balmoral as they are in the surrounding area, having spent most of the confinement at their Scottish residence, Birkhall.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have reportedly accepted an invitation to visit the Queen at Balmoral in March 2020, but their trip now seems unlikely after the coronavirus, according to the Daily Express.

Prince William, Kate Duchess of Cambridge and their three children regularly visit for short summer visits and will likely do so again this year.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here