Wealthy businessman bored with office work “turned on” by crime buzz

0
18


A wealthy businessman who now faces a long prison sentence for burglary was bored with the routine of office life, ECHO can reveal.The Chester Crown court heard how Thomas Mee, 42, had helped organize burglaries in the homes of wealthy and prosperous people across the country.

Mee, along with Vincent Ball, 52, and John Barlow, 58, targeted homes in Cheshire, Nottinghamshire, Worcestershire, Buckinghamshire and Warwickshire between January 2018 and October 2019.

The Liverpool men stole around £ 500,000 worth of luxury goods from the addresses.

The transport included treasured heirlooms and they left the owners heartbroken.

The men have targeted Raheem Sterling’s mansion in Cheshire and the Buckinghamshire home of Jamiroquai star Jay Kay.

Prosecutor Simon Parry has revealed startling details of how Mee used ladders to access first-floor balconies.

Mee then photographed luxury items such as handbags and offered them for sale to associates.

Mee once gave a Louis Vuitton scarf to an associate.

Their criminal frenzy ended last October when the three were detained by police after a break-in at the Prestbury home of Bury FC owner Steve Dale.

Mee was a well-known member of the city’s business community and started his own demolition company in 2005.

Over the past few years, Mee has overseen major site clearance projects in the city.

He was a director of Mees Demolition Group (1.11.17 to 19.10.18) and Mees Demolition Manchester Limited (20.6.18 to 7.8.19).

Mee does not appear to have had any other business dealings since his resignation from Mee Demolition Manchester in August last year.

Today, a former Mee associate told ECHO that Mee is bored with the day-to-day business world.




The man, who asked not to be named, said: “He always took huge risks. He was mixed in with a bad crowd and his name always came up for the wrong reasons.

“Thomas had money, nice cars and a nice house. But he found the world of demolition and real estate boring.

“He was turned on by crime and by criminals. It gave it a buzz, you don’t sit behind a desk. ”

Mee has occasionally been seen driving through Liverpool city center in a high powered Lamborghini.

Chester Crown Court heard on Friday that police discovered £ 125,000 in his Beetham Tower apartment in Liverpool city center.

The money was seized and is now the subject of ongoing legal proceedings in the courts. Mee claims the money is “legitimate”.

ECHO understands that Mee, through his role as a demolition contractor, was close to a number of Merseyside property developers.

In 2007, he gave an interview to the Daily Post, when he spoke about his successful business career.

He told the Post he started his own business in 2005 and was on track to achieve around £ 2million in revenue.

He said: “My bank told me that it normally takes up to six years for someone to get to where we are today. ”

In 2017, Mee spoke to the media after undertaking the demolition of the famous Nation nightclub in Wolstenholme Square.

He said: “We know that all eyes will be on the redevelopment of this iconic Liverpool square.

“Being so close to Liverpool ONE and the Albert Dock, Wolstenholme Square will be a fantastic place to live once the development is complete. Liverpool are booming right now, with demand for city living at an all time high.

“We’re no strangers to working in the heart of our hometown, but each time it’s a privilege to be part of the face-makeover of Liverpool for future generations.”

In January 2018, the Mees Group announced that it had acquired a waste treatment plant off Acorn Way in Bootle.

The previous summer, a fire devastated tons of infested waste that had accumulated after the site had become a refuge for fly tippers.

Mee of Queens Drive, Liverpool, Ball of Ranworth Place, Liverpool and Barlow, homeless, have all pleaded guilty to conspiracy to make burgers.

They were remanded in custody and will be sentenced on Monday.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here