Two players’ participation in the US Open is in question after their physiotherapist was the only person in 1,400 to test positive for the coronavirus.
Argentina’s Guido Pella, 35th, and Bolivian world number 94 Hugo Dellien have been placed in quarantine following Juan Galvan’s result.
The duo are not part of the Cincinnati Masters, which begins Friday and is also played at Flushing Meadows.
The US Open will be held at the same location in New York starting August 31.
Both tournaments will run without fans and players will have to follow strict measures in the United States Tennis Association (USTA) safety bubble.
USTA’s measurements in the controlled environment include regular testing, mitigation measures, and increased disinfection.
Galvan has been ordered to quarantine for 10 days, with the USTA previously saying players should self-isolate for 14 days.
Pella, speaking in a video on social media, said he hoped he would still be able to play in the first Grand Slam event to take place amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
Neither Pella nor Dellien shows any symptoms.
“After initiating the internal contact tracing process, it was determined that two players have been in close and prolonged contact with this individual,” Cincinnati organizers said.
“In consultation with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, these two players have been removed from the 2020 Western and Southern Open and are currently in quarantine. “
Great American Serena Williams, Serbian world number one Novak Djokovic and three-time British Grand Slam champion Andy Murray are due to compete at Flushing Meadows.
However, a number of prominent players – including reigning singles champions Rafael Nadal and Bianca Andreescu – have decided not to play for safety and travel reasons.