These are all Greater Manchester rules as local lockdown restrictions remain


The government announced on Friday that local lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester would remain.The latest evidence does not show a decrease in the number of coronavirus cases per 100,000 people in the region, which is why the health secretary, working with local leaders, has agreed the rules must remain in place for at least an additional week.

This means that measures relating to social gatherings, urgently announced two weeks ago, will continue in a bid to tackle the increase in cases of the deadly virus.

Meanwhile, nationwide easing of restrictions scheduled for tomorrow around the reopening of venues, including casinos, bowling alleys and conference venues, will also not apply to Greater Manchester.

The latest data also shows a continued increase in cases in Oldham and Pendle as numbers remain high in Blackburn with Darwen.

Local leaders are setting up an Incident Team to try to bring infection rates under control, with support offered by the government.

It comes as fines for repeatedly refusing to wear a mask as mandatory obligations could climb to £ 3,200 in the coming weeks and organizers of illegal raves could face a penalty of £ 10,000.

Here are all of the foreclosure rules in place in Greater Manchester:

Contact social

You must not:

  • meet people you don’t live with inside a home or private garden, unless you’ve formed a supportive bubble (or for other limited exemptions to be specified in law)
  • visiting someone else’s house or garden even if they live outside the affected areas
  • socialize with people you don’t live with in other indoor public places – such as pubs, restaurants, cafes, shops, places of worship, community centers, places of recreation and entertainment or Tourist attractions. You can attend these places with people you live with (or with whom you are in a supportive bubble), but you should avoid any interaction with individuals or groups from other households. If you run such a business or organize events at their premises, you must take steps to ensure that people do not interact with people they do not live with, per the COVID-19 Safe Guide.
  • visiting friends or family in nursing homes, except in exceptional circumstances. Nursing homes should limit visits to these circumstances

Close contact services will remain closed in Greater Manchester

Business closures

National easements of August 15 will not apply in Greater Manchester. This means that the following cannot reopen or resume:

  • casinos
  • ice rinks
  • bowling lanes
  • indoor play areas, including soft play areas
  • exhibition centers and conference rooms
  • indoor performances
  • remaining close contact services, which are treatments on the face such as threading the eyebrows or applying makeup
  • wedding receptions and celebrations for up to 30 people, in the form of a sit-down meal

Who can be allowed to enter your home?

People can still enter your home for specific purposes:

  • for professional purposes or for the provision of voluntary or charitable services
  • for education or training purposes
  • for the purpose of childcare provided by a person registered under Part 3 of the Childcare Act 2006
  • to provide emergency assistance
  • to enable one or more persons present in the assembly to avoid injury or illness or to escape a risk of harm
  • to facilitate a move
  • to provide care or assistance to a vulnerable person, including relevant personal care within the meaning of subsection 7 (3B) of Schedule 4 of the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Groups Act 2006
  • to maintain the existing arrangements for access and contact between parents and children when the children do not live in the same household as their parents or one of their parents.

I protect. What should I do?

Clinically extremely vulnerable people are no longer advised to protect themselves from August 1.

Bettors in the North Quarter

Can I go to public places like restaurants, gyms or stores?

You can always visit public places like cafes, restaurants, gyms or stores.

If you are going to be indoors, you should only go there with members of your own household. This applies even if you go to a public place outside of restricted areas. You should socially distance yourself from other households at all times – unless they are in your support bubble.

If you are visiting outdoor areas of cafes, restaurants, or pubs, you should only meet in groups of no more than two households, or up to six people from more than one household.

You should avoid socializing with people from other households when visiting stores, entertainment centers, cafes and any other indoor public places.

How to organize childcare?

You can continue to use registered childcare services, including childminders and vacation childcare providers. You can also continue to employ nannies.

Friends or family who don’t live with you can’t visit your home to help with child care unless they’re part of your supportive bubble. The only people who can help you with child care in your home are the people you live with, people in your supportive bubble, or registered child care providers, including nannies.

You can still meet in outdoor public spaces (like parks) for babysitting, but you should only do so in groups of two households or up to six people from multiple households.

Children of separated parents are allowed to move between households. The law provides an exemption to allow parents and children who are not part of the same household to continue to get along or contact each other.

Can I go to work?

People can continue to come in and out for work. Workplaces should implement COVID-19 secure guidance.

Can I attend religious ceremonies or places of worship?

You can attend a mosque, church, synagogue, temple, or any other place or worship, but you need to socially distance yourself from people outside your home. This means maintaining a distance of two meters, or one meter with mitigations (such as wearing face coverings).

If possible, prayer or religious services should be held outdoors.

Weddings can take place – but there are restrictions

Can I go to a wedding or a funeral?

Weddings, civil partnerships, and funerals can still take place, but they must not have more than 30 people and comply with COVID-19 secure guidance and venue capacity.

Wedding receptions or parties should not be taking place at this time. No celebration involving more than one household or supportive bubble should take place in a home, garden, or indoor public places such as hotels, pubs and restaurants. Outdoor celebrations can include up to six people from different households.

Can I travel to my region?

You should try not to share a car with people outside your household or social bubble. If you need it, try to:

  • share transport with the same people each time
  • stay in small groups of people at all times
  • windows open for ventilation
  • travel side by side or behind other people, rather than facing them
  • face to face
  • consider the seating arrangement to maximize the distance between people in the vehicle
  • clean your car between trips with standard cleaning products – be sure to clean the door handles and other areas people may touch
  • ask the driver and passengers to wear a face mask

Can I travel outside of my region?

You should not travel outside of your area to meet people other than those in your support bubble, in their homes or gardens, or in indoor public places.

You can still go on vacation outside of your area, but you can only do so with people you live with (or with whom you have formed a supportive bubble).

Can I visit friends or family in a nursing home?

You should not visit your friends or family in nursing homes, except in exceptional circumstances. Nursing homes should limit visits to these circumstances.

Can I move home?

Real estate and rental agents as well as moving companies can continue to work and people who wish to relocate can continue to visit.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here