It was moving northwest at 9 mph with sustained winds of 70 mph.
Tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 185 miles from the center.
A general northwesterly movement with some decrease in forward speed is expected for about the next day, followed by a northwesterly movement by the end of Sunday. A turn to the north and north-northeast is planned for Monday and Tuesday with an increase in forward speed.
On the planned track, the center of Isaias will approach the southeast coast of Florida early Sunday and move near or along the east coast of Florida on Sunday and Sunday evening. On Monday and Tuesday, the center of Isaias will move off the Georgian coast to the southern Atlantic states.
Some strengthening is possible and Isaias could regain hurricane strength early Sunday. The slow weakening is expected to start Sunday evening and continue through Monday.
A Hurricane warning is in effect for:
- Boca Raton to the Volusia / Flagler County Line
- Bimini, Berry Islands and Grand Bahama Island
A Storm watch is in effect for:
- Jupiter Inlet to Ponte Vedra Beach
A Tropical storm warning is in effect for:
- North of Ocean Reef south of Boca Raton
- Lac Okeechobee
- Volusia / Flagler County Line to Ponte Vedra Beach
A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for:
- North of Ponte Vedra Beach in Florida to South Santee River in South Carolina
INTERACTIVE TROPICAL TRACKER
RELATED: HURRICANE 2020: PREPARE FOR A PANDEMIC