Sons accuse fashion boss Nygard of paying ‘known sex worker’ to rape them as a teenager

0
64


Two of Peter Nygard’s sons launched a new lawsuit on Sunday, claiming their father, a fashion executive, had prepared them to be raped by his girlfriend – a “known sex worker” – while they were teenagers.Nygard, 79, is a clothing manufacturer from Winnipeg. His businesses in the past were worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Dozens of women recently came forward alleging he raped them.

The civil lawsuit was filed in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. He names three of Nygard’s companies. Her sons, who are not identified, are asking for an undisclosed amount of damages and have requested a jury trial.

Their claims have not been proven in court. Nygard’s lawyer dismissed them as lies.

“I hope my experience helps other people tell the truth about what happened to them,” the older son said in an exclusive interview with CBC News.

He is called John Doe 2 in the lawsuit.

“We need to talk about it. ”

With the man being the victim of alleged sexual abuse, CBC News has agreed not to release his identity.

“It’s about supporting other people who are labeled liars,” he said.

More claims

Nygard has been charged with raping or sexually assaulting 57 women in a class action lawsuit filed earlier this year in New York City.

CBC News spoke directly to 10 women who say they were raped or sexually assaulted by Nygard.

Nygard, through his spokespersons, said they were all lying.

In the past, Nygard has been listed as one of the wealthiest Canadians. Its empire once included a palatial estate in the Bahamas with administrative and production facilities in Winnipeg, Toronto, Los Angeles and a world headquarters in New York.

Nygard, second from left, is pictured at a trade event in Winnipeg in 2015. He was once considered one of Canada’s richest men before being hit by a string of sexual assault lawsuits . (Sears Canada / The Canadian Press)

In March 2020, nine of its businesses were placed in receivership in Manitoba courts. Nygard companies owe millions of dollars to several creditors.

New legal action

The latest lawsuit was filed Sunday in New York City by the same law firm that launched the class action lawsuit.

According to the new trial, the sons were raped 14 years apart by the same woman.

The most recent alleged assault took place in the summer of 2018. John Doe # 1 was 14 at the time.

The lawsuit says his father “lured, seduced and transported him” from California to Nygard’s residence in Winnipeg. Both sons are US citizens.

He says Nygard’s girlfriend, named Jane Roe in the lawsuit, was instructed by Nygard to “make a man” out of her son, saying he was a virgin at the time.

The legal age of consent in Canada was 16.

The second assault alleged in the trial took place in 2004. John Doe No. 2 was 15 years old. It took place at Nygard’s home in the Bahamas.

‘Confusion’ and ‘shame’

According to the lawsuit, this would have been considered sexual assault in the Bahamas.

John Doe 2 said, for him, there was “confusion” and “shame” and “very little understanding” at the time.

“It’s one of those things that when you look back at it, I see the pattern – that it happened with my younger brother – that’s where it hit me. It is quite low. So after the fact and after more information was released, it affected me a bit more. ”

Nygard’s lawyer has denied allegations made by the fashion mogul’s sons in a new trial. (Youtube)

The lawsuit says the Nygard company and its employees helped facilitate and cover up the alleged rapes.

He says Nygard used company employees and money to organize and pay for his sons’ trip to his home where the alleged rapes took place. And he says the company’s money was used to pay Nygard’s girlfriend, “a full-time sex worker,” to assault her sons.

In the past, Nygard has called charges against him lies paid for by his former neighbor in the Bahamas. The two wealthy men have repeatedly pursued each other in a battle that began as a real estate dispute over a decade ago.

“My client is shocked by these allegations”

Nygard’s attorney Jay Prober said on Sunday that the latest allegations were more lies.

“My client is shocked by these allegations, which he believes are completely false. He categorically denies them. You will notice that the allegations are really just generalities. Details are unfortunately lacking. You might ask why. And it is clear. from my client because he says it never happened. ”

The sons of Nygard, however, stand by their claims.

John Doe 2 says he seeks “justice” and hopes “that some sort of weight will be taken off some [other] the shoulders of the victims. ”

“I hope that whether it is this trial or the other trials some part of the truth will be served because I don’t think anyone should get away with this type of behavior and abuse.

No test date has been set.

If you have any confidential information or advice to share regarding this story, please contact Timothy Sawa at [email protected]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here