We’ve all been fooled before, but all signs point to WWE finally making slow progress towards revisiting the Sasha Banks / Bayley feud that changed the game in 2015.
The last stage happened last night (August 30) at Refund when the duo dropped the women’s tag team titles to Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax. Sasha was involved in the (fantastic) finish that saw her lose the last of her #TwoBeltz, but it was Bayley who technically submitted to Baszler.
This is a point that The Boss wants to clarify today …
The still SmackDown Women’s Champion responded, but it looks like she ran out of arguments in the fallout video embedded above this post:
Beyond how the Golden Role Models have reverted to being former WWE Women’s Tag Champions again, there’s not much Bayley Uno Strap can see. Look who was responsible for the decision in the entire Second Besties Reign title fight …
- Sasha pinned Nikki Cross on June 5th Smack down win the titles
- Sasha wrapped Alexa Bliss to keep the titles at Backlash
- Sasha had Shotzi Blackheart hit with the Bank Statement to keep the titles on June 17 NXT
- Sasha had Peyton Royce tapped with the Bank Statement to keep the securities on June 22 Brut
- Sasha had Kairi Sane tapped with the Bank Statement to keep the securities on July 13 Brut
Their brief first run wasn’t so one-sided (Banks forced Sonya Deville to become the first Elimination Chamber champion; Bayley pinned Jax to Fastlane), but it ended when the team member who isn’t not Sasha was pinned down by Royce to WrestleMania 35.
We’ll see if that stops Bayley from getting angry over Banks’ inability to defend the Raw Women’s title. One way or another, I doubt it.