Some 84,000 restaurants have joined the program, with the most recent figures showing that 64 million discounted meals were served in the first three weeks alone.
Looking for today’s best stories in one place? Subscribe to our newsletter here
Chancellor Rishi Sunak said, “This program has reminded us how much we love to dine out and, in doing so, how it helps protect the jobs of the nearly 2 million people who work in the hospitality industry.
“I urge everyone, where they can, to continue to enjoy a safe meal while the program remains open. ”
The last day of the program is Monday August 31, but with customers returning to restaurants in droves, many restaurants have decided to continue and fund it on their own, Mirror Online reports.
Here are all of the restaurants and pubs we’ve found that plan to continue offering this in September:
- Toby Carvery – The channel announced that it will maintain the discounts for two weeks after the program ends.
- Combine – Harvester, with the same owners as Toby Carvery, will also extend its discounts in the first two weeks of September
- Signature Pub Group – The 24 bars and restaurants run by the Signature Group will offer the discount until September – covering the costs themselves.
- Q Hotels Group – The Q Hotels group – with 21 locations across the UK – said it would extend the program, but not for how long.
- The coconut tree – The Sri Lankan restaurant chain has said it will continue to manage the deal in September as well. Branches in Bristol, Cardiff, Cheltenham, Oxford and Bournemouth are also removing the £ 10 per person cap, but alcoholic beverages will still be excluded. It even continues its offers in October, but only for midday meals.