Travelers who have visited designated states or territories with high COVID-19 transmission rates are required to complete the New York State Department of Health Traveler Form and quarantine them for a period of 14 days upon arrival in New York.
City Hall says not all of these places will be active every day, but here is a list of Car Travel COVID Checkpoint Locations:– Pont George Washington
– Pont Goethals
– Bayonne Bridge
– Crossing the outer deck
– Tunnel Lincoln
– Holland tunnel
RELATED: More Locations Added to Tri-State Travel Advisory
The New York City Sheriff’s Office, which reports to the Department of Finance and works in coordination with other law enforcement agencies, manages traveler registration checkpoints at major bridges and tunnels.
The first checkpoint was put in place on Staten Island on Wednesday, and city awareness and engagement began Thursday at Penn Station.
VEHICLE STOP CHECKPOINT / CORRIDOR: Deputy Sheriffs will conduct a quarantine checkpoint / vehicle stops on I-278 Eastbound (Staten Island Expressway) 8/5/2020 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. pic.twitter.com/N2hv1UM126
– NYC SHERIFF (@NYCSHERIFF) 5 août 2020
Officials say one in five cases of COVID-19 in New York City can be traced to out-of-state travelers, and mayor and governor say vigilance is key to maintaining New York’s numbers low. “New York City is holding the line against COVID-19, and New Yorkers have shown great discipline,” de Blasio said. “We are not going to let our hard work slip away and will continue to do all we can to keep New Yorkers safe and healthy. ”
So far, more than 200 drivers have been stopped at checkpoints.
Non-essential workers subject to the state travel quarantine must:
– Stay at their residence or in a hotel room, leaving only for medical appointments or essential treatments or to obtain food and other essential goods when the delivery of food or other essential goods to their residence or hotel is not possible
– Do not invite or allow guests, other than caregivers, to their residence or hotel room in quarantine
– Monitor COVID-19 symptoms yourself and seek medical advice or appropriate tests if symptoms of COVID-19 appear.
Essential workers subject to state quarantine must:
– Self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 and self-quarantine and seek medical advice or tests if they have symptoms of COVID-19
– Limit their activities involving contact with other people for 14 days for the purposes that exempted them from the obligation of self-quarantine to the extent possible
–If you are staying more than 36 hours in New York State, look for a diagnostic test for COVID-19 as soon as possible upon arrival (within 24 hours).
Failure to comply with the quarantine is a violation of state law and those who fail to do so can be fined $ 10,000. People who refuse to complete the New York State Department of Health travel form are subject to a fine of $ 2,000.
The list of travel advice as of August 5, 2020 includes:
Caroline from the south
AI cameras can help businesses and schools maintain social distancing
MORE CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 COVERAGE
COVID-19 help, information. Business stimulus and updates
New York City
Westchester and Hudson Valley
What is open, what is closed
New York State reopens
New Jersey reopening
Abc7NY phase monitoring:
Copyright © 2020 WABC-TV. All rights reserved.