Premier of Ontario says friends in US are ‘shocked’ by province’s COVID-19 success

0
71


TORONTO – Ontario Premier Doug Ford says his “friends” in the United States tell him they are “shocked” by the low number of COVID-19 in the province. The premier made the comments at a press conference Monday, congratulating the province on its success so far in the fight against the deadly disease.

“I have the opportunity to talk to a lot of friends in the United States, and they just can’t believe it,” Ford told reporters.

“It’s like we’re living on another planet when I tell them we have less than 100 cases with 14.77 million people. They are shocked.

For an entire week, Ontario reported fewer than 100 new cases of the novel coronavirus per day. On Monday, that number edged up to 115 cases, but the province continues to trend downward.

The success of Ontario, as well as Canada, in reducing the number of COVID-19 cases is a stark contrast to the United States, where the health official reports the country has reached 5,000,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 Sunday.

In Ontario, health officials have reported a total of 40,161 cases, while the total number of cases in Canada stands at 119,451.

“They keep wondering how and I said, ‘It’s the people, I have nothing to do with this.’ So I always say that I play the smallest part. These are the people who all participated, [and] followed the protocols and directives of the chief medical officers, ”said Ford.

“It’s amazing when we all come together and we all pull in the same direction, how we can solve problems.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here