Oslo Cave Leaves Dozens of Hospitals In Hospital With Carbon Monoxide Poisoning | The independent

0
73


Dozens of ravers have been taken to hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning after a party in a crowded Oslo cave, police said.

As many as 200 people had gathered in a cave in the Norwegian capital for a birthday party with public address system, not realizing the danger of using diesel generators in such a small space, police said. ‘Oslo.

A total of 25 people were hospitalized following exposure to carbon monoxide, seven of whom were unconscious on arrival in Oslo. Dagsavisen the newspaper reported. Five people were seriously injured, police said.

Two of the patients were police officers who were exposed to the deadly gas while helping evacuate the revelers.

A sound system had been packed into the cave and was powered by portable diesel generators, which, combined with the ravers, was enough to dip the oxygen level to around 16%, well below what is for sure. said Ronny Andersen of the Oslo Fire Department. journalists.

Firefighters worked through the night to bring cool air into the cave, pumping oxygen through a tube into the 1x1m entrance, Andersen told Norway. VG journal.

“It was a rave in honor of someone’s birthday, the participants we spoke to were between 20 and 30 years old,” said Arve Rotterud of the Oslo police force.

Mr Rotterud said police were alerted to the incident when a party animal waved to a patrol car on the side of the road in Oslo’s central St Hanshaugen neighborhood.

“Carbon monoxide poisoning needs to be taken seriously, and several of them were under the influence of drugs when they left, it could have been a lot worse,” Rotterud said.

“We encourage anyone who was at the party and experienced discomfort to contact the health service,” Oslo police said in a statement.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here