On track to challenge the Tour de France: Chris Froome | More sports news

0
99


Chris Froome. (Photo AFP)Chris Froome says the two month delay at the Tour de France has helped him make up for the training time he lost while recovering from a terrible accident last year and he is now on track to compete for a record-breaking fifth title.
The Tour de France was scheduled to start on June 27 but was postponed to August 29 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Froome, who spent more than three weeks in hospital after breaking his neck, femur, elbow, hip and ribs in a high-speed crash last year, returned to action in February but was far from being in great shape and there were doubts he had enough. it’s time to get in shape for the grueling run.
“I feel like I’m on the right path for the Tour de France,” said Froome, 35. Cycling news on the sidelines of the Route d’Occitanie, his first race since cycling the season was suspended in February.
“There is still a bit of work to be done, but it’s all part of the preparation for the Tour.
“The delay in major races has helped me take the next step in terms of getting back to my normal state. I think that given where we are now, with about a month before the Tour, I am on the right path. I am happy with my situation. ”
Froome has won the Tour four times with the INEOS team but will leave the British squad at the end of the season.
“There are going to be a lot of changes, but it’s still a few months away, so I’m not really thinking about it now. I’m just focusing on getting the most out of myself for the rest of the season, ”he added.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here