With 334,392 copies reported, the single outperformed previous tracks from Johnny’s (“Tomoyo” at 269,512 copies and “crystal” at 221,496 copies), leading physical sales and Twitter mentions while ranking No. 2 for searches.
This week’s No. 2 song, “Datte datte datte” by NMB48, with 224,236 copies shifted into its first week (No. 2 in sales), eclipsing the girl group’s previous single “Hatsukoi shijou shugi”.
Usually, when a song hits # 1 in sales, it also conducts research, which counts the number of times a CD is ripped on a computer. But Official HIGE DANdism leads the metric this week with “HELLO”, although the single drops 5-11 on the Japan Hot 100. Released on August 5, the piano-pop group’s latest album went on rental this week. , which raised the song to No. 1 for searches after occupying No. 3 for two weeks.
BTS drops to 7th place on the Japan Hot 100 with their digital single “Dynamite”, released last Friday (August 21). The pastel-toned clip marked the biggest day one debut on YouTube with more than 100 million views, and ARMY in Japan is contributing to the explosive popularity of the visuals – 6,509,148 views in just three days this week. The English track comes in at # 7 for video, # 2 for downloads, # 7 for streaming, and # 9 for Twitter, and appears to continue to climb next week.
The song that kept BTS from exceeding downloads was “Dare ga sono kane wo narasunoka?” From Keyakizaka46? (“Who will ring this bell?”) With 36,509 units. The girl group’s latest single under this name reached No.15 for Twitter, No.23 for radio and No.64 for streaming, reaching No.14 on the Japan Hot 100 this week.
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio broadcast, Twitter, YouTube and GYAO mentions! video views, Gracenote searches, audio streams from Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOX, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, RecMusic provided by Gfk Japan, dHits, Uta Pass and Spotify, as well as karaoke data from Daiichikosho and XING.
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 10 (August 17-23)
1. [-] Re: LIVE / Kanjani Eight (334 392 exemplaires / – / -)
2. [-] Datte datte datte / NMB48 (224.236 copies / – / -)
3.  Yoru ni kakeru / YOASOBI (- / 17,133 téléchargements / 9,710,793 flux)
4.  Drame / TOMORROW X TOGETHER (110286 exemplaires / – / -)
5.  Kanden / Kenshi Yonezu (- / 17,445 downloads / 8,282,548 streams)
6.  Kousui / Eito (- / 16,834 downloads / 7,073,670 streams)
7. [-] Dynamite / BTS (- / 25,842 downloads / 5,410,413 streams)
8.  Make you happy / NiziU (- / 8,441 téléchargements / 6,163,117 streams)
9.  Hadaka no kokoro / Aimyon (909 copies / 14,256 downloads / 5,777,889 streams)
dix.  I LOVE… / Official HIGE DANdism (731 copies / 5,295 downloads / 4,362,532 streams)
[ ]: Position last week
(): Physical sales / downloads / stream (Top 50 only)
This article originally appeared on Billboard Japan.