Jerry Jones denies reports the Cowboys made a decision regarding Earl Thomas

0
57


The Dallas Cowboys flirtation with Pro Bowl safety Earl Thomas may finally be over.

May be.

A source told Tuesday morning The morning news from Dallas that the Cowboys were passing by signing Thomas, who ended up on the open market after a brutal and ugly breakup with Baltimore over the weekend.

Then, during her weekly radio appearance on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has refuted reports that a decision had been made on Thomas.

The long-standing attraction between the former All-Pro and the Cowboys led to the assumption that it was only a matter of time before he ended up at The Star.

“I’m going to tell you that one of the most important things you weigh – it’s a no-brainer, but it’s fair – is that you assess where we are safe, where we are in high school, where we’re at our numbers, ”Jones says. “We had planned to work with potential guys that you might have on the depth chart as wedges, so a lot of our situation depends on where we are.

“As you know this year, we have little time for our evaluation. These things, these decisions like the one you talk about with Earl, they’re never served like a softball. They always arrive awkward. … And that’s where I come in.

NFL Network was the first to report that Dallas would pass on Thomas’ services. When asked to be clear if he confirms this report, Jones was strong in his rebuttal.

“The only one who knows is me standing here,” said Jones of the Cowboys practice at The Star in Frisco.

Thomas is not the player he was when this double leg with Dallas began. Seattle was trying to trade him for the Cowboys or elsewhere in 2018 before a broken leg took that option off the table. The Ravens parted ways with the veteran security before playing a regular season game in the second season of a four-year, $ 55 million contract.

The termination for “conduct that harmed the Baltimore Ravens” – a statement the club posted to their Twitter account on Sunday afternoon – came two days after Thomas punched his teammate Chuck Clark. The dispute erupted in practice after Clark became upset with Thomas’ blitz, blowing up the blanket that was called up and leading to a touchdown.

Ahead of Tuesday’s practice and Jones ‘radio show, head coach Mike McCarthy spoke to reporters by conference call and had nothing new to report regarding Thomas’ lawsuit.

“I really have nothing to report on our lineup moves,” said McCarthy. “We’re kind of in the same place we were yesterday.”

Find more Cowboys stories from The morning news from Dallas here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here