Everton pour Reguilon Rumor Mill

Everton have reportedly put up a £ 18million offer for Real Madrid left-back Sergio Reguilon following the departure of Leighton Baines.
Baines announced his retirement after the last game of the season and that left Carlo Ancelotti and Marcel Brands with the need to add seasoned competition for Lucas Digne.

Niels Nkounkou was signed earlier this month for the Under-23 roster and is not expected to make the first team for the foreseeable future.

Reguilon, 23, was voted the best player in his role in La Liga for 2019-20 during his season with Sevilla and Sky suggests Everton won’t be the only Premier League club interested in his services.

File under:

Source originale: Sky Sports

Reliability Status:

Note: The following content is not moderated or verified by site owners at the time of submission. Comments are the poster’s responsibility. Warning

Published on 7/31/2020 11:45:13 PM

I would definitely take it, although I don’t see LB as a primary need unless Digne is sold

Published on 7/31/2020 at 11:48:00 PM

This is curious. If we have an offer and want it, I would interpret it 2 ways. Either we will sell Digne to City of Chelsea for £ 60million and we can buy a few more players with over £ 40million in profit. Or, Moshiri, Usmanov are really backing Ancelotti and we’re going to spend a lot on 4-5 positions and to hell with FPP, and we’re just going to pay the fine. I don’t accept that we’re going after a player who wants football of the 1st team keeps Digne on his guard.

Published on 7/31/2020 11:50:41 PM

Wow, just wow. Yes please. This kid is absolutely explosive on the left side, the essence of a modern attacking full-back. The goal he scored last week against Valencia was brilliant. Hard to imagine we could get him for £ 18million but who knows I haven’t seen enough of him to comment on his defensive abilities but his Transfermarkt record indicates he collects a lot of yellow cards , so he may need to spend time at Defense 101 at Ancelotti University. But if he can defend his position, Digne has a problem. He can’t compete with this kid on offense.

Madrid are only selling him because they already consider Mendy the best left-back in the world, and he is only 25 years old.

Published on 7/31/2020 12:01:08 AM

If anything I hope he’s also better in defense, then Digne

Published on 08/01/2020 12:08:28 AM

Never heard of him but LB is surely the least of our priorities?

Published on 08/01/2020 12:12:35 AM

I’m just wondering if he’s considered a left-sided mF player who can cover LB if Digne gets hurt or leaves, it’s good that we’re looking for that level of quality rather than some of the unrelated ratings we’ve been associated with. previously.

Published on 08/01/2020 12:17:50 AM

Interesting. Maybe just an interesting agent. The full-back is an important position these days, and Digne needs some real competition.

Or as some have mentioned, Digne could be sold for a decent price, which means more investing (we need a right-back and 2 midfielders, and a winger plus maybe a striker and a central defender).

We’re going to be bonding with everyone for the next 5 or so weeks. Hopefully we’ve already targeted the players and Brands are in full negotiation – I’m just praying that on the transfer deadline day Everton aren’t part of the club’s last minute deals.

Published on 08/01/2020 12:34:30 AM

Fran
Ancelotti has said he wants to do business early so provided we can get our top picks like Gabriel I wouldn’t be surprised if we bring 3 top teammates in the next 2-3 weeks.

Published on 08/01/2020 12:34:52 AM

Why do we prioritize LB?

Published on 08/01/2020 12:46:18 AM

Slightly off topic, but I see from various sources, (no quotes) that we could seriously consider Cebolinha again, (Everton Soares) please, please, make this true. He’s only short and similar in stature to Bernard, but what a center of gravity he has, compared to his Brazilian compatriot. This guy is like a Deulofeu, only better! I think he would thrive and thrive in the Premiership alongside his compatriots, are we going to be totally Brazilian?

I hope !

Just ask Jay Woods (BRZ) about this guy, we’ve been exchanging a lot of messages on TW about ‘Spring Onion’!

Published on 08/01/2020 12:47:27 AM

Kase – because we’ll probably whip Digne if this story is true Derek – I’d love for us to buy Everton. A great player who would also do a great job selling shirts in the trade department. I’m not sure he’s the player we need for RW, but he would be a big improvement over Bernard and Iwobi. It is possible that he plays on the LW because I do not see Bernard being with us next season.

Published on 08/01/2020 12:59:09 AM

Lots of transfer talk as you’d expect and lots of strategy talk, especially on the Richarlison thread. I am not married to any of our players. I’m all for finding a replacement for a player and selling the asset for more money. It could be all of the above that the posters mentioned. However, if it was Digne’s replacement because we can take a big offer, be my guest. It’s smart and I would be against it, even selling Richarlison.

Published on 08/01/2020 1:20:08 AM

Derek @ 10.Don’t expect Everton to join Everton.

On this side of the water, the only gossip around the player is that Benfica are looking to land him.

If you missed it, THE biggest football story in Brazil last month was Jorge Jesus, having landed five trophies in less than a year at Flamengo, turning his back on them and returning to Benfica.

I probably can’t go back to Flamengo and poach their best players, so went fishing for the next best in other Brazilian clubs.

Ask Steve Ferns why Jorge Jesus’ return to Benfica is not universally popular with their supporters.

Published on 08/01/2020 1:47:20 AM

Kieran @ 5; Kase @ 9. Because it’s available now at a decent price and maybe it won’t be later?

Published on 08/01/2020 2:00:09 AM

Suppose this is some insane journalism, written to coincide with Baines’ retirement, Reguillon is one of the many youth products that never seem to have a chance in Madrid. But we have Digne before him. The LB pouch is light but Reguillon will not come here to play the 2nd violin.

If the connection was with Rodriguez (the young Spaniard, not the Colombian) I could see this happening. Creative goals and passes, set pieces, etc.

But Reguillon not unless Digne is sold. Being objective, fans of other clubs will probably judge Digne and Richarlison as too good for Everton …

And finally on Cebolinha Everton, he reminds me of Ribéry. Nice player.

About these advertisements