Elvis Death: His Last 24 Hours in Graceland – Surrounded by People and Yet He Died ALONE | Music | Entertainment


Elvis died in his bathroom at 1:30 pm on the afternoon of August 16, 1977. Graceland was always full of people. Elvis’ fiancee, Ginger Alden, was in their room and the house always had day and night staff on call to attend to any wishes of the King. The Memphis Mafia (Elvis’ former group of friends) along with his security guards and half-brothers, cousins ​​and other family members were all constantly on hand or a phone call away. . His father Vernin lived next door, their gardens sharing a fence. So why was he totally alone for the last four hours of his life? We break down the last 24 hours of his life.

Monday August 15, 1977, at 4 p.m.: Elvis woke up at his home in Graceland.He spent the day with his daughter Lisa Marie and Ginger. His fiancée had refused his offer to move in together. She later recalled: “He asked me to move to Graceland, but I never did and he said, ‘I respect you for that.’ I didn’t do it at the time. It wasn’t my way, ”

Monday August 15, 1977, at 10:30 p.m .: Elvis and Ginger visited his dentist, Lester Hoffman, about lingering dental pain.

Elvis had a personal dentist, doctor, and nurse practitioner on call around the clock, often to prescribe pain relievers, sleeping pills, and other drug cocktails.

DON’T MISS: The Death and Decline of Elvis Presley: “The MOMENT Everything Took Wrong”

Death of Elvis Presley: his last show recorded in June 1977 (Image: GETTY)

Death of Elvis Presley: the last 24 hours with Ginger (Image: GETTY)

Tuesday August 16, 1977, 12:30 p.m .: Elvis and Ginger returned to Graceland.

As he walked back through the doors, Elvis greeted the fans, one of whom took the star’s last photo. Elvis wore a black jacket over a light blue shirt. Even though it was dark and he was driving, he was wearing large black sunglasses.

Tuesday August 16, 1977, 2:15 am: Elvis called his personal doctor, Dr. Nichopoulos, to ask for pain relievers.

He was prescribed six Dilaudid pills and sent his half-brother, Ricky Stanley, to pick them up at the pharmacy overnight at Baptist Memorial Hospital. Elvis took the painkillers.

Death of Elvis: his living room in Graceland

Death of Elvis: his living room in Graceland (Image: GETTY)

Tuesday August 16, 1977, 4 a.m .: Elvis phoned his cousin Billy and his wife Jo and asked them to come play racketeering on the grounds of his house. Despite the time, it was not unusual. Everyone around Elvis, who was paid by him or appreciated his largesse, was always available.

It had been raining and when they arrived Billy told Elvis he wished it would stop. Apparently the king held out his hands and replied, “That’s no problem, I’ll take care of it.” Miraculously, the rain stopped and Elvis added, “If you have a little faith you can stop it all.” ”

Tuesday August 16, 1977, 4:30 a.m.: After a little match, they went to the piano behind the court and Elvis played two gospel songs then the ballad Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain.

DON’T MISS … Elvis Presley Tom Jones: Were Sir Tom and Elvis REALLY friends?

Elvis: Fiancee Ginger launches Priscilla’s “despicable lies”

“Elvis left me for Priscilla but wanted us both,” says his girlfriend Anita

Elvis with his father Vernon two months before his death

Elvis with his father Vernon two months before his death (Image: GETTY)

Death of Elvis Presley: his room in Graceland

Death of Elvis Presley: his room in Graceland (Image: GETTY)

Tuesday August 16, 1977, 5:00 am: Elvis and Ginger went up to Elvis’ room. He took a prescription drug pack set up by “Dr. Nick” for use twice a day.

The doctor regularly left these medicated cocktails for Elvis’ nurse, Tish Henley. They were meant to help the star sleep. After Elvis’ death, the doctor was investigated for the extraordinary amount of medication he prescribed for the star and ultimately struck off.

Tuesday August 16, 1977, 7:00 am: Still unable to sleep, Elvis took a second full pack of pills. They were given to him by Ricky who was “on duty” until noon that day. Elvis needed some sleep as he was to fly to Portland, Maine at 7pm for a concert on the 17th and continue from there right away with his current US tour.

Tuesday August 16, 1977, 8:00 am: Desperate to sleep, Elvis called Ricky to get him more medicine, but it could not be found. Angry, Elvis called his aunt Delta Mae Biggs and asked her to phone Dr Nick. Nurse Henley was in the office but was reluctant to hand over more pills. Eventually, she gave Delta Mae a third, smaller packet of pills containing two valmids, used to treat insomnia.

Elvis Dee's stepmother and stepbrothers, including Rick (far right)

Elvis Dee’s stepmother and stepbrothers, including Rick (far right) (Image: GETTY)

Tuesday August 16, 1977, 9:30 am: After taking the previous pain relievers and three separate packets of pills, Elvis told Ginger he was going to the bathroom.

Dressed in golden pajamas, he took with him Frank Adams’ book, The Scientific Search for the Face of Jesus. The star suffered from extreme constipation and spent long periods in the bathroom. Ginger later revealed that she had warned him not to fall asleep in the bathroom and Elvis’ last words were, “I won’t.”

Tuesday August 16, 1977, 2 p.m .: Ginger woke up in her bed and realized that Elvis was not there.

It sounded a bit strange but nothing to be alarmed about. She called her mom to chat, got dressed and put on makeup. Eventually she went to look for Elvis and finally opened his bathroom door to find him lying on the floor and suddenly realized that something was wrong.

Elvis Presley's Dr Nichopoulos Confirms His Death

Elvis Presley’s Dr George Nichopoulos confirms his death (Image: GETTY)

Elvis was motionless, surrounded by vomit with his pajama bottoms still around his ankles. He had clearly collapsed and had suffered some sort of attack on the toilet. At the time, Ginger thought Elvis had fallen, hit his head, and passed out.

Ginger called Al Strada, the afternoon duty person at the house.

Tuesday August 16, 1977, 2:33 p.m .: They called the emergency services. Prior to their arrival, the ambulance team believed it was just another regular case of an over-excited fan fainting.

A statement at the time said; A Memphis Fire Department ambulance from Engine House 29 at 2147 Elvis Presley Blvd answered the call at 2:33 p.m. and at 2:56 p.m. it had taken Presley to the emergency room at Baptist Hospital at 11 km from his home in Whitehaven.

Tuesday August 16, 1977, 3:30 p.m .: Elvis was pronounced dead and at 4 p.m. media around the world were notified.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here