Content of the article continued
• Seats will be allocated on buses whichlimit close contact with others and sit children in the same house together.
• Students and parents showing symptoms of COVID-19 should not be near the bus loading area. Once on the bus, the kids will have a seating area with students from the same house sitting together.
• Schools will be invited to make their own bus plans for contact limit. These plans may include loading students from back to front and the number of children seatedineach row of seats.
• A mask will be made availableanyone on the bus who develops symptomsin transit. Each bus will be cleaned to a higher standard and contact tracing will be followed if any children test positive.
Arrive at school
• Students will be assigned a door that they must use to enter and exit the school. When they arrive at school, the students go to a place outside their door and wait. Staff will be outside to remind children of the distance and a faculty member will lead them inside.
• Temperatures will not be checked every morning in schools.
• Parents are asked to stay in their vehicle if they drop their children off at school. They will not be allowed into the building without an appointment.
• Parents are asked to stay in their vehicle when dropping their children off at school.
In the classroom
• Kindergarten to Grade 3 students are asked to wear masks if they are able. Older students should wear masks in classrooms. Board chair Trisha Estabrooks said the decision was made because physical distance was not possible in most classrooms in Edmonton public schools.