Eat Out to Help Out program extended by restaurants at own expense

0
68


Image copyright
Getty Images

Legend
Some companies in Wales are expanding the reduction program from their own pockets


The UK government’s restaurant reduction scheme is to be continued by a number of businesses in Wales until September – at their own expense.

Eat Out to Help Out is due to end Monday, after being launched to help the hospitality industry.

It offered a 50% discount, up to £ 10 per person, on meals and non-alcoholic drinks.

But some cafes and restaurants – including chains and independents – have chosen to continue offering the reduction.

Pub owners, Brains, are extending their program until September 9.

UK chains Harvester, Tesco Cafe and Toby Carvery are among those who have said they will continue the program for part or all of September.

The Cardiff Philharmonic has decided to keep the offer open after seeing “unprecedented” table reservations earlier this week.

Legend

Pub manager Nick Newman said continuing the program was a “business decision”


Manager Nick Newman said it was a “business decision” to continue with the offer for a month, but believes it will give “customers more confidence to come back”.

Welsh government guidelines mean restaurants are working in a new way.

The Philharmonie “gets used to what we serve and [customers] be served “in a way that ensures the safety of customers and staff.

Some companies have introduced apps to reduce the interaction between customers and staff.

Others have introduced one-way systems and screens between tables.

Legend

Customers reacted “very well” to the pub opening, he said.


“The customers reacted really, really well – they just reacted well to the fact that we reopened at all,” Newman said.

“I think we are on the road to re-presenting the company to our customers and once again just to give them the confidence to come back to town and get back to business. “

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here