More … than 64 million meals have been claimed since the system was introduced to help the struggling hospitality industry during the coronavirus pandemic.
Dinners enjoyed a 50% state-funded reduction on food and non-alcoholic drinks on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays in August, up to a maximum of £ 10 per person.
Independent businesses and large chains are among more than 72,000 establishments to have participated, including Zizzi, Pizza Express, Nando’s, McDonald’s and Bill’s.
The Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) called on the government to extend the program, which began on August 3 and runs until the end of the month, until September.
Federation President Mike Cherry said, “The Eat Out to Help Out program has been a huge success in bringing people back to their main streets and downtown areas.
“We now need to see it extended to continue the essential support it provides to small businesses as we enter a period of economic disruption.
“Over the past few weeks, the program has been very well received by small businesses and their customers.
“A one month nationwide extension would help to some extent many companies that are still on the cusp of this time of crisis. ”
The government has not announced an extension of the program, but some outlets have said they will continue to offer the price reduction.
Here are some of the restaurants that will continue the reduction:
- Toby Carvery offers a 50% reduction on main meals only until September 9
- True North Brew Co, which operates 12 theaters across Yorkshire, will continue to offer the discount until September 30
- Combine offers a 50% reduction on main meals only until September 9
- Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery offers a 50% reduction on main meals only until September 9
- The coconut tree, a Sri Lankan food chain with locations across the UK, extends the deal through September
- 56 North, a bar in a restaurant in Edinburgh, decided to continue offering the food discount in September
- Peru Lost, a Peruvian-inspired restaurant in Manchester, said it will continue to offer the 50% discount throughout September
- Artisanal dining room, run by celebrity chef Andrew Sheridan in Birmingham, will offer the discount on Wednesdays and Thursdays in September
- SIX, a skyline bar and restaurant in Cambridge, will continue to offer the discount throughout September
- Harleys Smokehouse, a barbecue restaurant in Staffordshire, will continue to offer the discount in September