Content of the article continued
• COVID-19: Avoid these hand sanitizers being recalled in Canada
• BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool
• COVID-19: Here’s where to get tested in Metro Vancouver
3 p.m. – Health officials to share latest figures on COVID-19 in British Columbia
Dr. Bonnie Henry and Minister of Health Adrian Dix will update the number of COVID-19 cases, deaths and recoveries in the province.
9:15 am – New exhibitions on flights to, from Delhi, Hong Kong, Amsterdam
Five more flights from British Columbia to and from international and domestic cities have been added to a list of COVID-19 exposure.
The addition of those flights, announced Tuesday night, means that a person who subsequently tested positive for COVID-19 was on board. In some cases, line information is also provided.
The last five flights include:
• August 12: Air India 1143, from Delhi to Vancouver
• August 14: WestJet 196, from Victoria to Calgary
• August 17: Air Canada 106, from Vancouver to Toronto, rows 20 to 26
• August 18: Air Canada 007, from Vancouver to Hong Kong, rows 21 to 27
• August 21: KLM 681, from Amsterdam to Vancouver
8:30 a.m. – Federal government to give provinces $ 2 billion to strengthen safe reopening of schools this fall
The federal government is providing up to $ 2 billion in additional funding to help provinces and territories get children back to school safely this fall.
The money adds up to $ 19 billion. Ottawa has already pledged to provinces and territories to help them cope with the continued impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on their economies and health care systems.