COVID-19 Live Updates: Coronavirus News in Calgary for August 30

0
72


Content of the article continued

“Since the funding was suddenly announced on Tuesday, officials are still working on how this funding will be distributed to school authorities in Alberta,” said Colin Aitchison, press secretary to Education Minister Adriana LaGrange , in a press release.

“At this point, I can’t give you a timeline as we haven’t received funding from the federal government yet.”

Read more.


Saturday

Calgary chicken processing plant to remain open after COVID-19 outbreak

Several workers have tested positive for COVID-19 at the Lilydale poultry plant in southeast Calgary. Photo par Postmedia Archives

The Sofina Foods / Lilydale poultry processing plant in Calgary will remain open despite a growing outbreak of COVID-19.

An Alberta Health official said on Friday that there had been 19 cases of the virus, of which 18 were still considered active.

But a company official said the number is now higher than that.

“The Alberta Health Services (AHS) have confirmed that after encouraging all of our employees to take a second test, 9 more people have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. This brings our total to 27 employees, all from the same shift, ”spokesperson Daniele Dufour said in an email to The Canadian Press.

Read more.


Saturday

Two Canadian Forces members tested positive for COVID-19

A Canadian flag rests on a member of the Canadian Forces as they leave CFB Trenton, Trenton, Ont., October 16, 2014. The Department of National Defense says 16 service members linked to hate actions or groups in a report by last year were warned, disciplined or ordered to take advice, but allowed to remain in uniform.  National Defense had previously reported that seven of the 36 members identified in the military intelligence report on white supremacy and hate groups in the ranks were no longer with the Canadian Armed Forces.  THE CANADIAN PRESS / Lars Hagberg ORG XMIT: CPT112
A Canadian flag rests on a member of the Canadian Forces departing from CFB Trenton, Trenton, Ont., October 16, 2014. Photo by THE CANADIAN PRESS / Lars Hagberg

Two members of the Canadian military who recently returned to Canada from the Middle East have tested positive for COVID-19, the Defense Ministry said on Saturday.

In a statement, the department said members of the Canadian Armed Forces were on board a flight bringing back to Canada 35 members of Operation IMPACT, a training mission in the Middle East.

“Although all COVID-19 health and safety protocols and precautions were observed before, during and after the flight, there remains a risk to deployed personnel,” the statement said.

Read more.


Friday


LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here