COVID-19 exposure alert issued during viral party in Wreck Beach

0
67


Almost two weeks after videos posted to social media showed people partying at Wreck Beach in Vancouver, health officials issued a COVID-19 exposure alert for the event.Vancouver Coastal Health says anyone who was at the clothing-optional beach anytime on Aug. 15 should monitor themselves for symptoms.

It was not immediately clear how many people with COVID-19 were making it to the beach or if there had been any confirmed transmissions during the event.

Read more:

‘Just offensive’: Big Vancouver beach party sparks outrage amid COVID-19

Video and photos from the beach that day showed hundreds of people gathered nearby as the music blared.

Few of them wore masks.








Despite all warnings, dangerous gatherings and parties continue in British Columbia

Despite all warnings, dangerous gatherings and parties continue in British Columbia

Dr Bonnie Henry, health official for the province of British Columbia, said the risk of transmitting the virus is less severe in outdoor environments, but people can still catch COVID-19 in situations where people are tight together and don’t wear masks.

The story continues under the ad

Read more:

British Columbia Reports 124 New COVID-19 Cases, Highest Jump on Day One

The province saw a massive increase in new cases of COVID-19 in July and August, largely from young adults.

Last week, the province gave police and other compliance officers new powers to impose fines on people who organize mass rallies and ignore other COVID-19 protocols.

Show link »


© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here