The latest figures from Public Health England show the number of cases in Stoke-on-Trent has risen by two to 1,500.
There has also been an increase of two in Staffordshire Moorlands, where 380 people have now tested positive since registration began.
But while the number of positive Covid-19 tests has increased, the number of people who have died has remained the same across all local hospitals.
If you’re looking for local news, we’ve got you covered with our free email newsletter – sign up in the box at the top of this story or click here.
Across England, six more people have died after testing positive for the coronavirus, bringing the total number of deaths to 29,358. Data for the whole of the UK is no longer released on a daily basis.
Confirmed cases of coronavirus by local area (as provided by Public Health England on T Wednesday August 4):
Top stories sur StokeonTrentLive
Deaths with Covid-19 in local hospital trusts (as provided by NHS England on T Wednesday August 4):
- Hôpitaux universitaires de North Midlands NHS Trust (Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital): 354
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust (Harplands Hospital): 6
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (Haywood Hospital, Leek Moorlands Hospital, Bradwell Hospital, Cheadle Hospital et plus): 12
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (including Leighton Hospital in Crewe): 213
- East Cheshire NHS Trust (Congleton War Memorial Hospital et Macclesfield District General Hospital): 146