Chris Pratt leads revolt against Jurassic World 3 “filming in Malta hit by coronavirus”

0
161


The upcoming Jurassic World Threequel has been thrown into chaos as movie star Chris Pratt reportedly refused to travel to Malta for filming due to coronavirus concerns.The 41-year-old Hollywood star – who became a father for the second time earlier this month – is believed to be leading a revolt against an alleged behind-the-scenes outbreak of the deadly Covid-19 virus on the set of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

The monster film had started filming in the UK in February, but was put on hiatus due to the coronavirus pandemic the following month.

Producers took action to resume filming last month by introducing major health and safety measures, including daily temperature checks of all cast and crew, performing Covid-19 tests and introducing additional cleaning exercises.



Jurassic World sequel reportedly delayed after cast refused to visit Malta

Filming is said to take place in Malta – which has seen a spike in coronavirus cases in recent days, with the UK travel lane with the country being canceled on August 13.

The Mail on Sunday reports that Chris – who plays dinosaur trainer Owen Grady in the action sci-fi series – is leading a revolt among the cast and crew over the set on the Mediterranean island.

A source told the publication: “There have been cases of Covid among staff behind the camera following an outbreak in Malta.



Reports suggest Chris Pratt is leading a revolt against filming plans

“Chris thinks the sane thing is not to get on the plane to go.”

The Mail on Sunday also claims: “he refuses to take the plane and tells others about the film that it is not safe”.

The third Jurassic World film is expected to reunite the cast of the original film trilogy with those of the current blockbuster series.

Original stars Sam Neill, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum are set to reprise their roles from the 1993 movie Jurassic Park in the upcoming blockbuster alongside Chris and his co-star Bryce Dallas Howard.

Despite the filming delays, the monster movie is slated for release on June 11, 2021.



La série de films Jurassic World co-stars Bryce Dallas Howard

Jurassic World: Dominion was one of the first films to announce that the cast and crew would return to work after months of shutting down Hollywood in light of the current global health crisis from Covid.

Cinema bosses announced in early June that cameras would restart filming from July 6 with additional health and safety measures in place.

It was reported that the film had completed four out of twenty weeks of filming when cameras were forced to stop in March.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here