For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are available in the morning after each game.
Before the match:
- Post-season hockey !! In August.
- Looks like Charlie won the save battle and needs to keep the bench warm tonight.
- We went through the first minute without getting marked. It’s already better than the exhibition game.
- There’s one line you don’t see often – Weal, Weise… and Domi.
- Danault wins the face-off against Crosby. You’re depriving yourself, are you, Sid?
- Ten minutes and SOG are 10-2 for Pittsburgh. At least Price came to play.
- But the third time is a charm because Kotkaniemi opens the scoring!
- Departure for the first power play of the series. It’s time to extend the lead …
- On the plus side: it wasn’t overwhelmingly painful to watch.
- The Habs managed the last two minutes without being scored.
- This series could have some promise after all.
- Well, if nothing else, the Habs know not to leave Crosby to his own devices.
- Chiarot plays goalie with a stick stopper. Defense. Goalie. Everything that works.
- Another goal for the first time after the season! This time, thanks to a sweet Suzuki shot.
- Crosby sneaks past the goal line and out of Price’s skate. Apparently they have decided to leave him to himself now.
- Just to make things interesting, Drouin takes a collision penalty.
- And it totally turns around as Rust evens things out.
- On the plus side: Kulak looks pretty good tonight.
- Drouin heads for the trash again. He must be a mole, right?
- Penalty against the Habs from the start. I swear if it’s Drouin again …
- Of course, Chiarot, why not join Danault in the box for Salut Crosby? Because a five on three is exactly what we need right now.
- Hey! It’s our turn for the man-benefit. It’s good for a change.
- Seriously?! Another penalty? You know it’s to qualify for the Stanley Cup playoffs, right?
- Good side: the Canadiens penalty is working for them tonight.
- The prize makes two great saves and how are we rewarded? Sheary gets a penalty shot.
- And we are still tied. Phew.
- Petry’s shot came off the post two minutes from time.
- It’s game 1, why not keep the fun going a little longer?
- The Pens are trying to put a quick end to this, but Danault and Price say no.
- Danault is called in for a crash because why not?
- This power play makes it feel like it lasts forever.
- Drouin gets a penalty!
- It was… bad.
- Petry finally ends the first game at six minutes!
EOTP 3 stars
3) It was over as soon as these ladies arrived
2) The pitfalls of hockey in August
1) Hearts are happy after this one