British four-month-old baby dies in Corfu hotel after mother ‘left him in bed with a bottle’


A 30-year-old woman found her British baby dead in the morning at a hotel in the town of Argyrades, on the Greek island of Corfu.The baby was put to sleep in a cot with a bottle of milk on Thursday evening, local reports said.

When the four-month-old had finished his meal, the mother reportedly left the empty bottle with the infant to suckle while he fell asleep.

According to information from local media Protothema, the Briton went to wake up her baby around 7:30 am.

She worried when she saw that he wasn’t moving or reacting to her words.

The woman called the hotel doctor, who confirmed the baby had died, possibly by drowning.

The results of a full forensic examination of the death are expected today.

Doctors provide psychological support for the heartbroken mother.

The horrific events caused shock across the island as local news leaked into the city.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here