The Food Standards Agency publishes “Product Recall Information Notices” and “Product Recall Information Notices” to inform consumers and local authorities of food-related issues.
Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and updates from Liverpool ECHO by signing up here.
You can consult the food hygiene rating of your take-out meals and local restaurants using our dedicated tool:
We’ve rounded up this week’s product recalls.
Asda, Tesco, Morrisons et Sainsbury’s
Mars Food UK is recalling packets of Uncle Ben’s brown basmati rice ready to heat as some packages may contain pieces of glass. The possible presence of glass makes this product unfit for consumption.
Uncle Ben’s Ready to Heat Brown Basmati Rice
Packaging: 250 g
Best before dates:
- November 17, 2020
- December 08, 2020
- December 09, 2020
- January 08, 2021
- January 18, 2021
- January 19, 2021
- 02 mars 2021
- 16 mars 2021
- 20 mars 2021
- May 24, 2021
- June 14, 2021
- June 15, 2021
- July 03, 2021
- July 19, 2021
If you purchased the above product, do not eat it. Instead, return it to the store where it was purchased for a full refund or throw it away and contact Uncle Ben’s Consumer Hotline on 0800 952 1234 for a full refund.
Benyfit is recalling certain products containing, as a precautionary measure, the batches below are recalled following the detection of salmonella in another beef product included in their current testing program.
No other lot number is affected by this product recall.
- Beef feast 1kg
- Beef feast 500g
- Beef & Tripe 1kg
- Beef & Tripe 500g
Affected date codes:
Beef feast 1kg –
- Lot code: 046-076 Best before: 03/16/21
- Lot code: 046-083 Best before: 03/23/21
- Lot code: 046-093 Best before: 04/02/21
- Lot code: 46-100 Best before: 04/09/21
Beef Meat Feast 500g –
- Lot code: 047-076 Best before: 03/16/21
- Lot code: 047-083 Best before: 03/23/21
- Lot code: 047-093 Best before: 04/02/21
- Lot code: 047-100 Best before: 04/09/21
Beef & Tripe 1kg –
- Lot code: 013-077 Best before 03/17/21
- Lot code: 013-085 Best before 03/25/21
- Lot code: 013-093 Best before 04/02/21
- Lot code: 013-100 Best before: 04/09/21
Beef & Tripe 500g –
- Lot code: 014-077 Best before: 03/17/21
- Lot code: 014-086 Best before: 03/25/21
- Lot code: 014-093 Best before: 04/02/21
- Lot code: 014-100 Best before: 04/09/21
All consumers who have purchased this product should not consume it. Please return to any Icelandic store where a full refund will be issued. No receipt is required.
Highland Bay Seafood
Highland Bay Seafoods is recalling its whole baked scallops with a creamy leek and kale sauce topped with mashed potatoes because it contains fish that is not listed on the label.
This means that the product poses a potential risk to the health of anyone allergic to fish.
- Whole baked scallops with a creamy leek and kale sauce topped with mashed potatoes
- Package size – 200g (2 scallops in a package)
- Lot code – R006, R007, R008 and 20106
- Best before-end date: 07/2020, 09/2020, 12/2020 and 04/2021
- Allergens – Fish
S&B golden curry spicy sauce mix
If you have purchased the above product and have an allergy to fish, then do not eat it. Instead, return it to the store where it was purchased for a full refund or contact the company at the following email address [email protected]
JFC (UK) Ltd is recalling S&B Golden Curry Hot Sauce Mix from the marketplace because it contains celery and mustard which are not listed on the label. This means that the product poses a potential risk to the health of anyone allergic to celery and / or mustard.
- S&B golden curry spicy sauce mix
- Package size – 1 kg
- Best Before – December 22, 2020, March 16, 2021, May 07, 2021, May 23, 2021, June 12, 2021, July 10, 2021
- Allergens – celery, mustard
If you have purchased the above product and have an allergy to celery and / or mustard, do not eat it. Instead, return to the store where you purchased it and request a full refund. You can also contact JFC (UK) Ltd at [email protected]