WWE will bring fans back to the arena via live video on huge LED panels for their residence at the Amway Center – in what they call the “ThunderDome”.
WWE® BRINGS THE THUNDER
STAMFORD, Connecticut, – August 17, 2020 – WWE ThunderDome ™, featuring a state-of-the-art set, video cards, fireworks, lasers, cutting-edge graphics and drone cameras, will bring the viewing experience of WWE fans to an unprecedented level starting this Friday, August 21 on FOX, with the start of the SummerSlam® weekend.
“WWE has a long history of producing the greatest sports and entertainment shows, but nothing compares to what we create with WWE ThunderDome,” said Kevin Dunn, WWE Executive Vice President, Television Production. “This structure will allow us to create an immersive atmosphere and generate more enthusiasm among the millions of fans who watch our programming around the world.”
With the debut of WWE ThunderDome, WWE will occupy a residence at the Amway Center in Orlando and virtually bring fans into the arena via live video on huge LED panels, in collaboration with The Famous Group and its proprietary technology, for every Monday Night Raw®, Friday. Night SmackDown® and WWE Pay-Per-View Event. Starting tonight, fans can register at their virtual seat to be a part of upcoming shows via www.WWEThunderDome.com or on WWE’s Facebook, Instagram or Twitter pages.
“As WWE takes its residency at the world-class Amway Center, we have redesigned our live events experience for today’s environment,” said Brian Flinn, WWE Director of Marketing and Communications. . “In partnership with The Famous Group, we will virtually bring our fans back into the show and recreate the interactive atmosphere in the arena that has been a staple of WWE events for decades.”
WWE Events Calendar for August:
• Friday, August 21 through Friday Night SmackDown®, Amway Center, 8 p.m. ET on FOX
• Samedi 22 août – NXT TakeOver® XXX, Full Sail Live, 19 h HE sur WWE Network
• Sunday, August 23 – SummerSlam, Amway Center, 7 p.m. ET on WWE Network
• Monday, August 24 – Monday Night Raw®, Amway Center, 8 p.m. ET on USA Network
• Wednesday, August 26 – NXT®, Full Sail Live, 8 p.m. ET on USA Network
• Friday, August 28 through Friday night SmackDown, Amway Center, 8 p.m. ET on FOX
• Sunday, August 30 – Payback®, Amway Center, 7 p.m. ET on WWE Network
• Monday, August 31 – Monday Night Raw, Amway Center, 8 p.m. ET on USA Network
WWE’s Amway Center residency will continue for the foreseeable future and Raw, SmackDown, and Pay-Per-View programs will be produced on closed sets with only essential personnel present. WWE will continue to administer its health and safety protocols for talent, crew and employees in conjunction with each production, including PCR testing for COVID-19, social distancing, and wearing masks.
Do you think WWE ThunderDome will help make things more exciting on TV? Listen to the comments below and let us know what you think.